A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

BLOGS GOT NOT TITLE, JUST WORDS AND A TUNE

Anyone else just can't wait until the end of the month and Louise Penny's next 3 Pines novel is out?  Love that series, wish they'd make another movie out of the next one, not sure why the first one didn't do well, has Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley) playing the lead role and I thought it was a good choice and a good film.  Unfortunately if you read the comments all those snide commenters were ripping that it didn't follow the book, or this person or that person was not the way they pictured it in their head therefore the movie sucks as if their opinion matters to anyone else on the universe.  Some day they should make a movie that follows the book letter for letter and anyone who has ever complained about films not following the book should be forced to sit thru the 11 hour movie with no bathroom breaks

Gawd, I hate snide comments, don't you?

Strangely enough, a line from one of her novels struck me so I titled a blog with it and to this day it is one of the top 5 blogs read each month and I think 1st or 2nd all time for this blog all because I swiped a great line about being stuck on the stutter of a decimal point and now I've worked it into another blog so it will also end up being read more than others which is putting a lot of pressure on me this morning.  And it would be considered tacky exploitation if I was selling stuff on my blog but I've never signed up to allow advertising on my blog and other than my book which is still ranked in the top  5 million due to it's continually blistering sales of 1 or 2 copies a year.  I know, well, I think I said this before, but before I actually published that book, I actually had this thought.  No one is going to buy a book about a son taking care of his father with Alzheimer's and what they went through, but if you change it to a gay May/Dec relationship and taking care of the Dec with Alzheimer's it will be a number 1 best seller on NYT and everyone will read it.

Why?  It promoted the right agenda.  What was not the right agenda is a son taking care of a dad and not sticking him in the system where the government will take care of you when you get old.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

So, what do you do on a cool rainy Sunday morning in Colorado?  Well, first thing is walk the dog in it and soak it in, they happen so rarely.  And I must tell you I was so happy when my dog woke me up on Sunday morning two hours before I had the alarm set to go out, I might have missed it!    Then you filter all the music in your music library in iTunes for any song with the word 'rain' in it, eliminate the songs with brain or train and now got yourself one great list of rain songs to listen to all morning.  Cool test before you do it, get out pad of paper and pen if you still use those last century methods of communication and write down every song you can think of with 'rain' in the title.  Let it sit and your brain wander for some time and come back to it and see if you can get to 50.

Or just search for it in the iTunes Store you mentally lazy imaginary readers.  The variety of music you will get from Sinatra to Albert Hammond, CCR to REM, Melanie to Billy Holiday, Supertramp to Willie Nelson, all on the same playlist, pretty cool.

So I am thinking of writing another blog.  Why?  You hardly wrote to this one the past year and all of your live real readers have long abandoned you to other blogs where they actually have something to say more than once a month?       Okay, well, good point but I might do it anyways.  I have an idea to do an old serial sort of story, The Adventures of blankety blank.  Make it kind of corny, but covering stuff in the world in that old good guy bad guys sort of Flash Gordon thing without the protagonist  flying on space ships or ray guns or anything because I don't fly and would probably blow holes in the wall with a ray gun just for fun - or make my own swiss cheese from gouda.

Speaking of heaven, I found it.  I found tomatoes at farmers market, they were huge, ugly, several different colors but you put them in the window sill and when they turn red they are ready and do you know what they taste like?  A tomato!  Not the wet cardboardy tasteless crap that is sold as tomatoes for the past 30 or more years at a store, but a real live tasty tomato like when I was a kid.  Then I bought, real bacon.   I haven't bought bacon for myself in over 40 years, don't like bacon and this whole Paul not in the bible means we shouldn't eat pork thing but when I realized I'd found tasty tomatoes I started getting this craving for BLT's.  So yesterday I fried up the whole  pound of bacon and made a BLT and put the rest of the bacon in the fridge.

Then had another one about two hours later.  Then a third one about 4 hours later.  One tomato down, three to go. Absolute heaven.

So where was I, oh yea, the serial blog story, so yea, thinking about it, one chapter a week of the adventures of a guy doing something and people trying to stop him, let's see, will need a romantic babe, and a dog too.  All heroes need a loyal dog.  Indiana Jones would have been so much cooler with his dog, Pyramid.  See the two swimming to the sub sort of thing.  Wouldn't have saved that last one though, nothing could save that last Jones movie.

Sunshine, blue skies, please go away
My girl has found another, and gone away
With her went my future, my life is filled with gloom
So day after day, I stay locked up in my room

I know to you it might sound strange
But I wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause so badly I wanna go outside
(Such a lovely day)
But everyone knows that a man ain't supposed to cry
Listen, I got to cry, 'cause crying, ooh
Eases the pain, oh yeah

Even this hurt I feel inside
Words could never explain, I just wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Oh, let it rain, rain, rain, rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Ooh baby, let it rain
(Rain, rain)
Oh yeah, let it rain

Day in day out, my tear stained face
Pressed against the window pane
My eyes search the skies, desperately for rain
'Cause rain drops will hide my teardrops and no one will ever know
That I'm crying
(Crying)
Crying
(Crying, crying)
When I go outside

To the world outside my tears, I refuse to explain
Oh, I wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Ooh baby, let it rain, let it rain

I need rain to disguise the tears in my eyes
Oh, let it rain
Oh yeah, yeah, listen I'm a man, I ain't got no pride
'Til it rains, I'm gonna stay inside


The Temptations