A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

NOT SO HEALTHY FOOD AS A WHOLE

So, have had a few semi interesting experiences of late I thought I would share.

This WHOLE blog will be about a grocery store chain where I buy FOOD at least once a week, I don't do all my shopping there because, well, it's pretty expensive, but what I really like is their healthy prepared FOOD.

When ever I was there, I use to buy a sandwich from the sandwich grill.  They had this really good Horsetooth Sandwich, which is really just a reuben with a clever name for 8.99.

So on the 21st I went there to buy some things and picked up from the prepared section some lasagna, deviled eggs, couple of cucumbers, bread, and a package of smoked salmon.  Oh, and from their new sandwich menu with I didn't realize until I'd gotten the sandwich, all those 7.99 and 8.99 sandwiches were now 11.99 and 12.99.  New menu, four bucks more for the WHOLE sandwich.

So, sandwich for lunch, 1/2 the lasagna for dinner, on Saturday ate a cream cheese with salmon and cucumber sandwich.  Felt great, no issues.

Saturday night, I used the deviled eggs, with a slice of cucumber and a piece of salmon, around 8pm

At midnight I was on the toilet, by 6am, the WHOLE digestive system had expelled all the FOOD I'd ever eaten, but no, that didn't stop my need to be in the can.  Because then came the blood and bloody powder for another 12 hours.

Yes, I looked for something to take, the Imodium AD had an expiration date of 2013.

By noon Sunday, I'd downloaded a living will and filled it out.

Late Sunday I finally felt confident to run to Kroger and get some Imodium.  Sunday I hate yogurt,  but not much else.  Monday I thought about eggs and almost puked just thinking of eggs.

So I wrote a WHOLE email to the grocery store chain and warned them to pull the deviled eggs and I got this wonderful nice reply that basically said no one else has complained, food poisoning can take 72 hours to hit, it wasn't their food, they take food prep very seriously.  And I'm thinking, you know lady, I didn't get a lawyer, didn't ask for a refund, didn't ask for money and you send that type o letter?

But I went back to the store today because one, I like their can sugar store pop, it's got natural cane sugar and no caffeine, I could drink it 365 days a year!  And they have really great thin crispy chocolate chip cookies, and I bought a prepared meal of chicken with pasta.

So after emptying the groceries grab the container of chick/pasta and pull a plate out of the dishwasher, still hot cause ran when I was shopping, and dumped the pasta on my plate and walked into the living room and sat down, stirred it up and saw this:








Yes, dumping the meal on my plate disturbed the living room of the beetle or roach or whatever it was that was in my FOOD.

So, threw all the FOOD into the garbage, the WHOLE thing.  Then tossed something else because at this point there is no way I am going to eat any of the prepared foods from this store again.  Which means I might just run in there once a week for a pack of cookies and 12 cans of real sugar cola.

Now I wonder what the hell is my my cola or those cookies.

I think I will write back that nice person who basically told me to screw off, wasn't their fault I got sick as I ever was and show her the picture of the obviously very health WHOLE beetle living in their seriously safely prepared pasta salad.  That is 10 bucks sitting in my garbage can right now.

Really pissin' me off, no wonder the chain's stock is tanking, hmm, what is that number for the Colorado Board of Health?