A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

CAN WE JUST SAY NO? I WANT THE CHAOS!

There is something coming down the path, something barreling towards us, and I don't remember anywhere people saying this is what we want.

Self driving cars.

Hey, I get a handicapped blind paraplegic or elderly person thinking this is a good thing.  But for the rest of us, this really what you want?

Apparently, we won't have a choice, as soon as it gets mass produced, roads will be dedicated to self driving vehicles only, insurance on cars you drive yourself will skyrocket, probably to cover all the accidents self driving cars have, and eventually, we will all give over our lives to the same people that bring us the blue screen of death, wipe out our music libraries with an update, and the great Goog in the net who collects every keystroke you make on your keyboard.

And a host of hackers who will take control of your car and smash it into the nearest inanimate object Her' Hacker desires.  Or governments desire.

Why are we just going along with this?  Why are people not saying NO.

Well, okay, most people are oblivious to what is going on in the world and until it makes them unemployed they keep their heads in their shell watching college football....

Have you seen the predictions?  By early 2020's, Uber Taxis buses trains ferries etc etc etc will all be automated and driven by machines, all programmed by some 30 year old pencil neck living on mountain dew and playing video games when taking a break from coding your cars.

But, they cry, think how much safer the roads will be!  No drunk drivers, no sleepy drivers, no bad drivers, distracted drivers, think how safer that would be - and that is always the argument made - "imagine" and then the Utopia: how can you be against that?

I will tell you why.  Because when I go out to get in my car, I don't want it telling me where I can go, if I can go or not.  And that is the logical next step in our Utopia.  Hackers will not be the only one controlling your car, so will police, local governments, state governments, and federal governments will have the ability to control where you go, when you can go; probably will pick up other passengers along the way without your consent too.

I'll bet you can't control the radio/TV/Internet in the vehicles either, just sit back and watch what we tell you to watch as we drive you to where we want you to go, when we want you to get there.

And people are just going along with this?  It's always the same, "Imagine for a moment, a Utopia..." and when ever people buy into a Utopia, they by in to slavery, to controlled beings, lives, thoughts.

As always there will be voices screaming against this change, henceforth known as 'nuts' who will stand in the way of progress, stand in the way of a better civilization.

Consider me one of those voices.  Cars mean freedom.  The ability to move from place to place on your own, in your own time, to leave behind the past and go to the future, whatever it may hold.  To take the road less travelled.

And what happens when the computer controlled car kills a kid, a bike rider, whom to you hold responsible?  The programmer, the vehicle?

One article I was reading was discussing the automated car not understanding the nuances of driving, like two vehicles pull up to a stop sign at same time and a driver waves for the other car to go, which made me think how much fun it would be to have four automated cars all pull up to a stop sign and exactly the same moment, each recognizing no one got there first, each thinking the car on the right has the right of way and none will move, thus eventually shutting down the entire traffic system across the country.

People really need to stop, just stop, and think about what is happening in our society these days; not the news stories of riots which is just fodder to keep us distracted, I'm talking about the automation that is soon to eliminate the cooks, waiters, bartenders, retail sales, drivers, etc.  The H-1B workers replacing the college educated accountants, programmers etc, the illegal aliens replacing the laborers, stop and ask yourself, is all this just random chaotic accidents or part of a plan and where does that leave you?  Tens of millions of people with no jobs no income, no homes, all getting into government controlled vehicles to be taken, where?

Well, it will leave you where ever they want you to be, if you can only move around in an automated vehicle programmed by the same people.

We continually sell our freedom of choice for some greater imagined Utopia and eventually we will no longer have any choices in the dark side of Utopia.

Sorry to disturb you, now back to your local college football game.....


Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound

Ooh it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a driving power big fat tyres
And everything

I love it and I need it, I bleed it
Yeah, it's a wild hurricane
Alright, hold tight
I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my girl
I'm gonna keep her to the end
Nobody gonna have my girl
She stays close on every bend

Ooh she's a killing machine
She got everything
Like a moving mouth body control
And everything

I love her, I need her, I seed her
Yeah, she turns me on
Alright, hold on tight
I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my head
I got speed inside my brain
Nobody gonna steal my head
Now that I'm on the road again

Ooh I'm in Heaven again
I got everything
Like a moving ground, an open road
And everything

I love it and I need it, I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright, hold on tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple