A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

WHERE'D MY ASS GO

There are a lot of changes in the body as a man gets older, I understand my reflexes are not as quick as they were, whereas once I had to eat 5000 calories to gain 1 pound now I only need to look at cupcakes at the bakery to put on a pound.

But there is one change I am confused about, where the hell did my ass go?

Pants that use to fit just fine now there is no ass mass to stop them from sliding down and I keep wondering, when the heck did that happen?

I'm cool with knowing that while hair no longer seems to grow on the top of my head, it flourishes in my ears, nose and on my back.  I'm cool with that.  I understand now that when I walk into a room and smile at a young lady she rolls her eyes and turns away, heck, old enough to be her father and I'm okay with that.

I just wonder where my ass went.

Now when people talk bout miracles in the Bible they like to talk about the talking ass in the OT, but to me that was never all that much of a miracle.  After all, the democratic convention was last week and I saw dozens and dozens of talking asses all week long.

Still not sure about Trump, was all ready to say I'm in but this thought keeps bugging me. If he tries to do half of what he's promised, now that would be a miracle, they are going to assassinate him.  Why he picked Pence, someone the powers that be would like is beyond me, should of picked someone like Carson, Cain, Coulter, Pat Buchanan or something.

But I keep thinking a vote for Trump is to be alerted one day that they are interrupting this broadcast for a special news bulletin and Trump will join JFK, MLK, and RFK in the line of men who tried to buck the systems and were killed for it.

And don't forget Reagan being shot 3 months into his first term by the nephew of George HW Bush's business partner and who's brother had dinner with Neil Bush two days before the assassination.