A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

GREETINGS FROM THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF COLORADO!

I know, I'm not writing very often but frankly haven't had much to say.  Life is okay, not great but not bad.

Coming up soon on 3 years since my dad died, which means I will be in Colorado as long without him as with him.  And yet it still hangs out there.  Talked on phone recently to a guy who runs some organization about dying and death and he's dealt a lot with the Alzheimer's stuff and he was amazed at what I did and thinks I probably suffer from PTSS, no wait, that's not right, sounds like a part time Nazi or something, well post traumatic stress, which is probably true but what ya' gonna do.  Take pills?  No thanks.  Talk about it ad nauseam in group therapy?  Nope.

I guess the biggest issue is listen to people bitch about things and thinking how clueless they are to real problems.  I know, that is exactly what I do it for a living.

Election.  As I've said, I've never got on the Trump bandwagon.  I do appreciate him having the balls to say things about immigration that I agree with and need to be said.  I do appreciate his ripping the trade treaties.  But I do not trust the man.

However, he is winning the vote fair and square.  He is having delegates stolen from him left and right.  And that is not fair.

And here in Colorado, one of the worse.  People didn't even get to vote.  Just told by the republican party Cruz gets the delegates.  So in November, if I vote, I will paper ballot and write in Trump for ever state office as a protest.

I know some said Trump is naive, Cruz is understanding how to use, manipulate and take advantage of the system - and I think THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY, WEALTHY IVY LEAGUE BUGGERS ABLE TO MANIPULATE THE RULES AND SYSTEMS TO THEIR ADVANTAGE.

Six months ago, despite being a senator and having a wife working for Scrodham Sacs, I thought Cruz would be acceptable.  Now, he's just another corrupt Ivy League lawyer who is going to be a bitch for the people pulling the strings.

I wonder if Trump and Sanders both get screwed, if they would consider a Trump/Sanders ticket in the fall?  I wonder if I could transfer to England and live there?  I always thought I'd love to live in Sweden, but now it's more like Sweden Arabia.

Had scheduled 3 days off this week which was nice.  What wasn't nice is getting the flu this spring, first time in 15 years I got a full dose of flu.  Started Friday before Palm Sunday and barely finished work, then missed Mon/Tues.  Came back and by Friday night was running 102, lungs so congested I couldn't breath and whole body felt like someone dropped me off a roof onto concrete.  So missed 3 more days of work the next week.

Still have a cough, and then on Wednesday, 70 degrees, sunny, off on my bike I go and nearly died, seriously, I had to stop 3 times on the trip home and when I got home sat in a chair for 45 minutes until I could breath and my heart rate dropped back to normal.

Of course the big story was the storm of the century hitting Colorado this weekend.  Thursday they were thinking, if temps stay down, over 2 feet of snow in FC.  Then down to a foot by Friday, woke up this morning and unless snow is now green, nothing.  But still predicting a foot of snow today and tonite, then it was 6 inches and let me check.

Looking outside, waiting, waiting, waiting, yes there is a flake!  A flake of snow!!!!  It's, wait, rats, it's a speck of dust on my glasses, yep still no snow.

This storm that never happened has been brought to you by the same computer systems predicting global warming.

Well, just letting my few imaginary readers know I'm still alive and doing fine.  Car works, dog is still alive, have a job, 'cept for the flu, health is good, and that's about all I need.

As soon as I get interesting, I'll write something else.


Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin' clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

I know what nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things you do, come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away


Dream On, Dream On, Dream On,
Dream until your dream come true

Aerosmith 

No comments:

Post a Comment