A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

BUSINESS MEETING

Barkley:

Just kidding, don't fall asleep yet.

First of all, am about to get back to my masters in theology, well, except I'm changing schools to one I can afford, I think, and it will be a Masters in Divinity not Theology.  The good news is when I finish it will allow me to be ordained.  I think that is good news.

But it is a small college in MO, which I think has more Xian colleges than any other state, and it's not 'standard' in positions, which I think I will fit in better with overall, though I think I'll keep my concerns about the Pauline Epistles to myself for awhile - not the first paper if you know what I mean.

Comments are gone for now.  Wasn't getting any and it always disappoints me, makes me think what I type isn't interesting, depresses me, so I don't write more, and finally decided to remove them.  On the other hand, if you want to email at my gee mail account, the clues are in this letter - hell, everyone else seems to have the email now, after 15 years and getting less than a dozen junk emails a year, I know get 2 dozen a day.

Pontree:


So Carrier is moving a plant that employs 1400 workers from Indiana to Mexico - why are so many mexicans coming to the US when all our plants are being moved to Mexico?  There was a video of the meeting on the net today, and it was so irritating?  Sad?  They make the announcement and people are yelling, booing, crying and the president asks for silence there is important information to still come concerning the transition.

The transition.  That is what they call it.  To the workers, life just became very very hard.  Soon 1400 families are out of work. Kids in college will not be in college, mortgages will be missed, homes taken away, cars, bankruptcy, a suicide or two.  People with medical problems will no longer have insurance - oh wait, we have Obama care now, so they will no longer afford the insurance or get that really cheap plan that will change or cancel the treatments as not being cost effective and people will die.  Not a tragedy, a transition.

I have a better idea for the transition.  Move the executive jobs to Mexico or India.  They must have plenty of MBA's in those countries who will work for a fraction of what the Carrier executives are being paid.  But you never see that, do you.  What you will see is Carrier stock go up, the executives will get millions from stock options, and overall it will be a great thing except for the 5k some workers, spouses, kids, etc who have to take it on the chin.

Hold it, thought coming up, sue the executives for their stock options and bonuses - give those options to the soon to be out of work employees.

At:
In a related story, robots are going to be replacing over 50% of all jobs in less than 50 years.  Pharmacists, for example.  Can't you wait to go to the pharmacy and explain your problem to a robot.  Same with bartenders, nurses, police, firemen, just a whole list of jobs robots will be doing which really makes you wonder what will people do? And what will happen when countries stock 5 million robot soldiers?  Think about that one for a moment.

More leisure time?  To do what?  Do we all have robots assigned to us and what they are paid comes to us?  Doubt it.  So a planet of unemployable people all with nothing to do.  Meanwhile, science races forward with improvements to make it possible to live to 200 or 300.  What for?  300 years of unemployment?

The point being, something in all this doesn't fit.  The race to opposing goals, longer lives and fewer jobs.  Must think that one through for awhile.....

Well- you can have me all the time
Or you can never come my way
But Mother Earth is waiting for you
There's a debt you've got to pay
I don't care how rich you are
I don't care what you earn
You know that when it all comes down
You've got to go back to Mother Earth

You know you may have a million dollars
Or you may drive a cadillac
You may have enough money
To buy anything, ANYTHING you lack
Well- I don't care how rich you are
I don't care what you're worth
'cause you know when it all comes down
You've got to go back
You've got to go back to
Mother Earth


Heart