A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, January 25, 2016

X FILES REBORN

Okay, have to admit, I was excited about X Files coming back.  And worried.  But I bought the season and this morning, I have Monday's off, I watched the first episode and here is my review.

YIPPEE, THE X FILES ARE BACK

Well, except for one thing, bringing back the Smoking Man.  Look, I understand how they can bring back the three Lone Gunman, and glad they did, I love those guys, but last time we saw the smoking man he was in a wheel chair in a cave in some old abandoned Indian cave in the southwest and two helicopters were shooting missiles right down the cave and right at the guy.  Chris Carter couldn't come up with a new leader of the NWO?

Of course, if you were an adult watching the X Files in the 1990's and watch this show the first thing you will realize is wow, Mulder and Scully sure do look older, well, guess what, we do too.  Our faces are fatter, well, Skully's is not, just seems to keep growing longer, and Mulder is definitely showing the middle age saggy jowls.  But that full head of hair, no way, I suspect a toupee for sure.

But what a nice return, nice lines about how the world has changed since 9/11, nice comments on spying by drone and I cracked up that Mulder covers the front camera on his phone and computer just like I do.

It would be nice, each year, a six to eight episode season of the X Files.

While on the subject of paranoia, one thing I occasionally do is check out who is reading my blog, by country.  I seem to get a lot of readership in Russia and Ukraine.  So any readers from Russia and Ukraine, introduce yourself, leave a comment, and tell me why you are reading my blog!

But I've also notice lately Pakistan showing up and can't imagine why people in Pakistan would be reading this blog.  Perhaps you are upset my making fun our our Muslim President Numb Nuts.

I also see where Twin Peaks is having a new rebirth this year and I think why?  I watched the first season when it was on, never did the second season but recently started watching it on Netflix and finally got bored and stopped.  It really got lost in that second season.

Here is what I would love.  How about a new short season of Northern Exposure.  Let's go back to Cicely Alaska and see how the town and characters evolved.  Too many years have passed for WKRP or Taxi, but Northern Exposure would definitely be a good show to revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment