A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, October 19, 2015

SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT 1960'S SONGS

Did you ever notice that there were a bunch of songs in the  1960's that seemed to promote pedophilia?

I was lisitening to the Monkees today, and Swet Young Thing

I know that something very strange has happened to my brain
I'm either feeling very good or else I am insane
The seeds of doubt you planed, have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before the wisdom of achild
And it's love you bring of that I can't deny
Spred your wings and I can learn to fly
Sweet young thing

Now, by itself, you can interpret that several ways and maybe interpretting it thru the eyes of today is wrong and we should consider the times and the source.

Then again, The Osmands sang Go Away Littlle Girl which because a 12 year old is sining it makes it okay, but still, kind of creepy.  The again, maybe Donny was thinking about Maria and not wanting her to become a singer, no wait, the sweet lips thing wrecks that unless there was more going on in Utah than anyone imagined.

But the big tune was from Gary Puckett

Young Girl, get out of my mind, my love for you is way out of line

I mean, what else can the mean.

It was a strange decade.