A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

I THNK NOT, THEREFORE I WRITE NOT

One of my rare moments of introspection of late, I was thinking, 'why don't I write more and why when I do why I sn't it as deep as it use to be'?

Then I realized, I don't think anymore.  I don't just lay back, staring at the clouds going by, or the ceiling fan spin around and around, and just think.  Nor have I been reading much of things that would make me think; I mean the Louise Penny books I recently finished were great, but not something that kept me up at night thinking.

I miss thinking deep thoughts and working them out in my head and then on paper, well, recycled web pages.

Oh and my ten year old MacBook officially is dead, so this is being typed two finger method on my iPad mini so excuse the typos.

I'm tired of regurgitating the news, another blog pointing out the economy sucks, that 48% of the people working age in this country aren't - dat right folks - 95 mil not, 151 mil are.  And what can I possibly say that my imaginary readers don't already know?

In the end, we are like most of the people throughout history, little anonymous peons who go about their lives interrupted by the megalomaniac men and women who can't run their own lives but think they know what is best for everyone else.

I don't know what bugs me worse, Bill Clinton riding on those private jets to an island screwing underage girls or Denny Hasertt buggering young boys all those years,  these are our leaders, perverted people who make millions, spend billions of other people's money, screw the peons into the ground and their kids in the rear.

It is fun making fun of the Moores and Hodges' of the world but frankly I can't listen to them anymore so it's hard to comment on them.  I wonder how they explained away Jade Helm and what new end of the world buy our stuff campaign they are on now.

Mixed feelings on the Cubs- might be cool in my lifetime to see them in the World Series- not to mention the film of Chicago burning.

My thumbs are tired, I do appreciate the few remaining imaginary readers sticking with me during this down period.


You now hunger
Feeding your mind with selfishness
You now wander
Aimlessly around your consciousness

And your prophecies fail
And your thoughts become weak
The silence creates necessity
And you're clothing yourself
In the shields of despair
Your courage now impaired

Why can't you listen?
Why can't you hear?
Why can't you listen
As love screams everywhere?

You crucify all honesty
No signs you see do you believe
And all your words just twist and turn
Reviving just to crash and burn
You're fighting till the bitter end
If only your heart could open up and listen


Collective Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment