A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, October 30, 2015

I HATE BLIND OBEDIANCE TO RULES

Well, things are interesting of late.  Got myself in some hot water at work.  Told a joke in chat about going out to dinner with my girlfriend the other night and people in the restaurant were giving us dirty looks and calling me all sorts of bad names, like perv and pedo.   Look, I know there is a difference in our ages, I'm 57 and she is 23, but I thought they were being really rude.  My girlfriend was very  upset, totally ruined our 10th anniversary.

Are you laughing?  I thought the joke was funny as hell when someone sent it to me, but apparently not everyone did and it couldn't have come at a worst time.

In August, we got ourselves a new person who monitors certain types of calls we get that are very important - can't say too much here.  We have certain things we have to do, certain questions that need to be answered.

I had not had a violation since my first week after promotion.  Eleven months without a violation.  I've had a dozen in three months and it's putting my job in jeapordy.

Now, most people if the customer answered a question in their explanation that was okay, or you could combine similar things in one sentence like 'was the monster breathing fire, smoke, or sparks' instead of asking it three times for each.  Not this young lady, she is out to impress her boss and I swear if you drop the 'g' in anything, you get a violation.

I am a nervous wreck, I can't sleep at night, my stomach has been acting up, and I went to the doctor today and found out all this itching I'm doing might be in my head.  Can you believe it, this young gal and my manager have managed to do what four years of caretaking someone with Alzheimer's couldn't do and make me neurotic mess.

There is no way to change managers, no way to get promoted now for a while and I suspect even if I do every damn call to the letter, they are still going to find a way to get me - I notice they never play the calls back for me to hear and a couple of them I seriously questioned making a mistake.  I'd record them myself to prove my innocence, but that would get me fired too.

All I need to do is survive to Feb and I'll have 5k in savings and then if they want to dump me I can ride for 3 months till I find another job. Jeepers.

Sucks to be a working man again.

Having a difficult time finding a place to copy and paste music properly from an ipad, so until further notice, no lyrics, hope that is not the only reason you read my blog.  Tried to get Glenn Frye's Working Man here but after 20 minutes gave up.