A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I WAS AT THE REPUBLICAN DEBATE WHEN THE REPUBLICAN DEBATE BURNED DOWN

Well, I got good news and bad news.  The good news is CNN actually let people watch the debate last night from their web site without having a cable subscription!!!!  Take that Fox News, which requires a cable TV subscription to watch their channel.

Now for the bad news, CNN actually let people watch the debate last night.

I got to say, it was disappointing.  Paul, lost in the first couple of minutes when Trump attacked him saying he shouldn't be on the stage and Paul suddenly looked a lot like a Dan Quayle with that deer in the headlights thing.  Paul 'could' have come back and said CNN was confused, Donald, when if they only had the top 10 candidates then I wouldn't be here but if they went by top 10 republicans, then you wouldn't be here and then blast him with why he isn't a republican.  But, he didn't and while Paul came back later and helped toast Christie, Paul got burned and is through, the fat lady is singing.

When Paul tried to point out that Christie's saying he would march into Colorado and enforce federal laws on pot and Paul talked about medical pot and Christie said he is not talking about medical pot and I am thinking 'jeepers, are you really that stupid Jersey Boy?'  Medical pot is against federal laws and if you are going to enforce federal laws they you will enforce med pot ban.  But Christie was too slow on the uptake to get the point and if you are that slow, you are too slow to be prez.  And let's face it, Christie's highlight as governor was his bromantic walk on the beach with Obama.

Jeb Bush admitted to smoking pot and said 'sorry Mom'.  Nothing says presidential more that a 60 year old man apologizing to his mom for smoking pot as a teenager.  His best moment came after the debate or before the debate standing with all the other candidates and he was standing on his tippy toes to make himself even taller and tower over the rest.    I'm sorry, when the tallest guy in the group goes out of his way to make himself even taller it shows a serious shortness.  Or smallness.

First chance to see Ben Carson and I'm like 'huh'?  Weak weak weak.  I will give him benefit of doubt and another chance, but I put him last in the debate.  And I'm sorry, each time he talked I got this incredible craving for Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Huckabee, tried to show a little gosh golly Mayberry but his train left the station two or three elections ago.

Kasich, well, I do like the guy and he and Walker did what they had to last night, when they finally got the mic turned on, ignore the question and give your elevator speeches.  I think they both accomplished the goal, though Walker looked a little like the little guy you put in right field after picking sandlot teams.  But Walker and Kasich are the two of the bunch who are 1. sitting governors 2. successful sitting governors (thus eliminates Christie) and I am a big fan of republican governors in spite of Romney blowing the record of only one rep governor ever lost a presidential election - Dewey.  Well, now Dewey and Romney but seriously Romney was governor of MA, so does that really count?

Now, the one question that Walker absolutely aced the competition?  Secret Service nickname:  Harley - I'm sorry, that was seriously cool answer.  Dude rides a Harley.  Think about that: picture those embarrassing pictures of Obama riding his bicycle with the Atom Ant helmet and the ladies shorts; now replace that with Walker pulling up on his Harley and Putin is looking just a little femi.

Cruzy cracked me up right off the start; claiming his mom was Italian and Irish and his dad cuban which made me think 'golly, do we really need a drunk dago wetback?'  Irish Italian?  What do they do, mix sacrimental wine with Irish whisky?  I know, shoot my for my politically incorrect tongue but it was like he was sending a message, 'hey, I'm not totally south of the border, I'm Irish and Italian too'.

Rubio, well, I will admit he has more gravitos than I expected.  But I'm still not crazy about another 1st term senator.  It worked out so well the last 8 years.

But let's face it, those two are really jockeying, was that politically incorrect, for the vice presidential position and both would be excellent; and both carry a state with them though Rubio probably has the edge here because unless all the illegals are getting voting iD's, Texas is not much of a risk to go Democratic - I mean think about it, if Texas votes Hillary or Sanders, any question that elections are rigged goes completely out the window.  I'm much rather see a republican president with Cruz leading the senate, oh, man would that be cool.

Okay, so on to Carly and The Donald.

I still don't get the whole Trump thing.  He's Obama Rich.  He's Richy Rich.  He is all about me, me, me, I, I, I - just like Obama.  Obama can't tell you the weather without using the word "I" a dozen times and neither can Trump.  Ego 2.0.

Tell me one solid plan Trump offered on how he will fix things?  Go ahead, I'll wait.  All the speeches, name one.

Intermission:

Ever look out you window, babe
And wonder what was going down in the street below
Out where the four winds blow
Ever stand in the crossroads, babe
And know it didn't really matter which road you chose
Heaven knows
I'm a refugee from the mansion on the hill
And if you won't leave me I'll find somebody who will


Okay, musical interlude is over; name a Trump plan.  Nope, saying he's gonna ship 20 million illegals home is not a plan.  Might be a goal, but not a plan.

Finally, I think, is Carly.  She did good.  The whole drug debate was finished when she said she and her husband had to bury a kid addicted to drugs.  Story over.  Yet, I don't know, a little too serious?  Can you smile?  Is this a male chick thing where I'm holding her to a standard that I am not holding others on the circus to?  Could be, but the gal needs to crack a joke or two.  BUT, she really stuck it to Trump with the "woman heard what he said" line.

One thing, after 50 years, can we drop the whole gateway drug thing?  I don't know anyone who smoked pot that didn't drink first.  I know many smoked cigarettes before smoking pot the first time.  Why aren't they the 'gateway drugs'?  And I know millions who smoked pot never went on to coke, meth, heroin, pills, etc.  It's like this lie that everyone just accepts.

So, overall, I don't know who won.  I cringe that so many thought Trump won, but don't count the Drudge Report poll.  Did you know on the Drudge poll, if you have cookies off, you can vote over and over and over?  So that poll is a total joke.  I really wish the next debate would leave the circus out, maybe have Christie, Kasich, Walker, Carly, and the three senators and leave Famous Amos, the Ego, etc at home.

I do miss Rick Perry in all this.  I wonder if Perry is going to become a word like Borked.  The candidate pulled a Perry.  I was giving a presentation and pulled a Perry.

I can't wait for Trump to pull a Perry.

I had the shit till it all got smoked
I kept the promise till the vow got broke
I had to drink from the lovin' cup
I stood on the banks till the river rose up
I saw the bride in her wedding gown
I was in the house when the house burned down

I may be old and I may be bent
But I had the money till it all got spent
I had the money till they made me pay
Then I had the sense to be on my way
I had to stay in the underground
I was in the house when the house burned down

I was in the house when the house burned down
I met the man with the thorny crown
I helped Him carry his cross through town
I was in the house when the house burned down


Warren Zevon

No comments:

Post a Comment