A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, March 20, 2015

RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM A RANDOM MIND

Well, vacation almost over.  Have to work tomorrow, then two more days off.  Didn't get the full 5 days I asked for, so have to come back for a day, which is slightly irritating but in the whole scheme of life nothing to get upset over.

Then again, I could just set the alarm for 7am, call in sick for the day, and go back to bed.  Too bad I'm not wired that way.

Went to buy some candles this week.  Place was closed on Monday, so went back on Tuesday, walked into the little shop, looked around, gathered a couple of candles, I really like the Vanilla Hazelnut candles but they only had one of them in a small jar so was also going to get a larger Vanilla one and realized there was no one else in the store, so I looked around for the owner, finally went outside where some guy is there and said she was out of town.

So now I'm checking the guy out because I'm wondering if he did something to the owner, so I make mental notes of everything and get the plate number off the truck in the lot.  Then debated whether to call the cops or not.

Called on Thursday and the owner answered so I went in to get the candles.  We were talking about it, she was not happy the guy had left the doors unlocked - turns out he works for her husband - but she said she knew it was me from his description.  I'm like, "am I that describable?" and she said, well, yes, your the only single male that buys candles.

I'm not sure, but I think that just cost me some serious man points.  But then, I don't really care, I like the smell of the candles.  Even if the owner now thinks I'm all Dorothy or something.

Sometimes headlines just crack me up.  Drudge had one where that whacky fun group called ISIS has released a video showing the warm side to the group.  Things like these send my mind racing with ideas.

"You know, after a tough day of beheading Xians and throwing homosexuals off the roofs of buildings, many ISIS members like to return home to play with their kids in the backyard, tend to their gardens, and enjoy a cup of tea before beating their wives for over cooking the lamb."

Funny how Christians and homosexuals, mortal enemies in this country, are comrades in death in Arab countries.  Yet, the gay community runs all over blasting Christians for being against, well, their lifestyle, being against gay marriage, being against gay adoptions, not baking them wedding cakes, and just about everything else - yet I don't hear so much as a peep from the gay community against Islam.

So apparently fellow, oh, how so much I'd love to sound like Gene Hunt here*, fellow homosexuals being thrown off roofs isn't important, but not getting a damn wedding cake and the gay lobby will shut down those evil Christian bakers and put them out of business.

Maybe Christian bakers should start baking large cakes for the ISIS people and put them on the street for their next game of gay tossing so the gays can land in the cake.  Bonus points for face plants in the cake and all.  Which group would the gays be most upset with?

*   Gene Hunt: You think you know everything, don't you?
Sam Tyler: I know the stench of rotten apples.
Gene Hunt: Yeah? And I know your slag is lying through her teeth and do you wanna know why?
Sam Tyler: Yeah, why?
Gene Hunt: Steven Warren is a bum bandit. Do you understand? A poof! A fairy! A queer! A queen! Fudge packer! Uphill Gardener! Fruit picking sodomite!
Sam Tyler: He's gay?
Gene Hunt: As a bloody Christmas Tree! Mind you, he is a little touchy on the subject, being a twisted Catholic with an elderly mother and all, so I wouldn't go mentioning it to him... You challenged his authority so he stitched you up like a kipper. Pretty girl appealed to your vanity as the only decent sheriff in Dodge City. Slipped you a Mickey, tied you up and bounced on your ding-a-ling.

Can gays be Christians?  Boy, there is a question that will stir much debate.  In 1st Corinthians, Paul lists 9 sins of the flesh, one of which is homosexuality.  Sometimes I wonder how Christians can figure that if you commit that one of the nine you can't really be a Christian and are going to hell, but the other eight are just little ones God kind of overlooks, nudge nudge, wink wink.  I seriously doubt it.

I'm good for at least 5 of the 9, maybe six, so how can I say that someone with one of the nine I have not done is worse than I?

Go forth and sin no more - ah, there is the catch.  For while all sins are forgiven at the cross, it's go forth and don't do them anymore.

So a man who has been involved in homosexual affairs and stops is no different than the straight man who has been having sex out of marriage and stops, or the man who has been cheating on his wife and stops.

So the gay man who stops, but still lusts after men, is no different than the straight man who stops having sex outside of marriage but still lusts after women.  But that is not what we hear in church.

Christians should really go read those nine sins, they are going to be seen again on judgement day.  And if you are scoring 7 or 8 out of 9, I seriously don't think you suggest to God, 'well, at least I wasn't some Nancy Boy".

Oh well, maybe it will all be decided for us soon.  Maybe in the years to come, the homosexual and the Christian will share a cell before their beheading and come to some sort of agreement.

But by then, recognizing Islam is the real enemy of both will be too late.

The phone don't ring
And the sun refused to shine
Never thought I'd have to pay so dearly
For what was already mine
For such a long, long time
We made mad love
Shadow love
Random love
And abandoned love
Accidentally like a martyr
The hurt gets worse and the heart gets harder
The days slide by
Should have done, should have done, we all sigh
Never thought I'd ever be so lonely
After such a long, long time
Time out of mind
We made mad love
Shadow love
Random love
And abandoned love
Accidentally like a martyr
The hurt gets worse and the heart gets harder


Warren Zevon