A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, November 24, 2014

SHOW SOME RESPECT

Can you believe the nerve of those rioters in STL tonight?  They actually had the bad manners to attack some of those NY/DC reporters!  Imagine their shock when rioters threw things at them, attacked the camera, and all sorts of bad things that aren't suppose to happen to them in 'fly over country'.

Frankly, it was the only enjoyable part of what coverage I saw on the net.  My gosh, though, the stories they have to tell at the corporate Xmas party while munching on crap puffs, cheese, and sipping their wine.

Took an enjoyable Saturday morning to leisurely spend time in the bookstore.  Haven't been there in ages and figured won't be there again until late January with the Xmas stuff and all.  Of course, the first 3 books I had on my list to look for, they don't have.  Was able to land a couple of Umberto Eco's novels though, that will take awhile to read, one doesn't knock off an Eco novel over a weekend.

But it was nice to browse, though I did cause somewhat of a disturbance in line when the couple in front of me, my age bracket, and suddenly a teen age asian girl comes into the line to join them and the woman turns to me and says she's with us and I said "I hope so, she's too young for me".

The man didn't find it funny, though there was plenty of laughter behind me in line.

And, by the way, to those who think Xmas is some sort of pagan bastardization of Christmas, pay attention.  The first couple of letters of Christ in the Greek are Xpi and for centuries Christians were referred to as Xpians.  Then about the 1800's, the P was dropped to Xians.  Xmas is the by product of Xpians.

But tonight, I'm going to share with you this years stuffing recipe.  I make great Thanksgiving stuffing - but never the same. I may not know to boil potatoes before mashing them, I may still thing jelled cranberry sauce is better than all those fancy dishes, and I may think that only good thing about thanksgiving turkey are the sandwiches for the next week or two, but when it comes to stuffing; I got it.

Start with Panera bread and get two loaves of sourdough bread.  Don't cut it, tear it into pieces.  Then you chop up two onions, bunch of celery, and fresh mushrooms.  Mix with some veggy or chicken broth, water, stir it all up, add a little Worcestershire sauce and then some blue cheese crumbles - don't overdue the blue cheese.

So there you have it.  Add the turkey, cranberry jell, saurkraut, mash potatoes and gravy and have yourselves a really nice thanksgiving.


Over the river, and through the wood,
To Grandmother's house we go;
the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow.
Over the river, and through the wood,
to Grandfather's house away!
We would not stop for doll or top,
for 'tis Thanksgiving Day.
Over the river, and through the wood—
oh, how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes and bites the nose
as over the ground we go.
Over the river, and through the wood—
and straight through the barnyard gate,
We seem to go extremely slow,
it is so hard to wait!
Over the river, and through the wood—
When Grandmother sees us come,
She will say, "O, dear, the children are here,
bring a pie for everyone."
Over the river, and through the wood—
now Grandmother's cap I spy!
Hurrah for the fun! Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment