A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

WADING IN OBSCURITY

Well, for my few readers left and the millions of imaginary readers, have you caught all the stories coming out this week about Numb Nuts sending in the Marines to fight Ebola and now the speculation that it is for the purpose of exposing them to the virus to infect our entire military and population upon their return.

Kind of makes a blogger like me feel left out.  I posted that on the first day, September 20th, that Numb Nuts was sending them in to expose them and then bring them out.  Now Ann, Alex, Hodges, Hagmann's, Quayle and others are all singing the theory and selling books, emergency supplies, and DVD's while my brilliant blogging goes unsung.

Poor baby.

Actually really happy, work going well and I've already built enough hours with overtime to take a weeks vacation, which begins today.  Going to bike and hike and workout, seriously read or listen to my complete CS Lewis collection, and paint a couple of walls blue.  Right now one is brown and after all the crap I cleaned up from 7 years of my mom and four or five years of my dad, I really hate the color brown now.  So that brown wall goes and then the opposing wall will also go blue.

I figure I'm going to be here a while.  When I file bankruptcy in January, June would probably be to soon to be able to rent elsewhere, so I'm going to make myself at home here for another two years I guess.

But I also am in a good mood because I love Fall, my favorite season.  It's crisp, the smell, the colors, and it just charges me up with energy.  It just makes me smile.

And kudos to FoxSports.  They have a story today about a year long investigation they've done into the Florida State quarterback and the rape allegation.  They have uncovered so much corruption in the case, like the campus police turning over everything to the quarterbacks attorneys and the school before ever turning it over to the prosecutor, the two 'witnesses' working with the QB's attorney's and getting their statements down before they met with the police or the prosecutor.  And the media's role in helping keep this rapist on the field and then giving him a damn trophy.

I tolerate a lot in this world, but rape is one thing I will not tolerate and everyone involved in the coverup should lose their jobs and face prosecution for allowing a rapist to go free.  My heart bleeds for the young woman.

You definitely don't want me on a jury if you commit rape.  I'll sentence you to life in a heartbeat with only 80% certainty.

I've now gone nearly 16 months with no TV or radio and noticed something recently.  I was at a restaurant getting takeout and they had 3 large screens on different stations and in the 20 minutes I was there I noticed each screen had about 10 minutes of commercials or more in the time I was there.  I was like WOW.  So I did some perusing on iTunes at the actual time of TV shows today and some are now actually almost dropping down to 42 minutes for a 60 minute show.  Same on the 1/2 hour ones, that means 1/3 of the show is commercials.  Talk about the dumbing down of America.

Probably see more blogs this week my imaginary readers and I am really sorry i can't find that other blog, I cannot imagine why I would have removed it, it was a good blog on literal and lateral thinking, so I have no idea what happened to it.  I do sometimes remove blogs that have like 3 reads or ones I was just not happy with, but I can't imagine where that one would have gone.  Such is life, words lost to the myst of time.

Ocean of motion
Squirming around and up and down
Pushing together
Scattering mountains all around you
That is the sound of a new born world
And a light from a curious sky
It has begun
You're in the hands of destiny

Is that the chariot with stallions gold
Is that a prince of heaven on the ground
Is that the roar of a thunderflash
This is my world and it's waiting to be crowned
Father, son, looks down with happiness, life is on its way


Genesis

No comments:

Post a Comment