A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

INSERT TITLE HERE, DUMMY

The door to the bar opens, and in walks a lawyer, a muslim, a sociopathical liar, a homosexual, and an illegal alien.

The bartender says "What will it be, Mr. President?"

Well, it seems my relaxing vacation is going to be interrupted by a fridge that is dying.  I called the office today and they said they can't have someone out to tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the 12 Evol frozen meals, 4 Amy's frozen meals, the unopened box of 8 prime rib burgers and 8 healthy bean and cheese burritos couldn't wait and have thawed, which means the garbage.  Bet the milk isn't real good by morning.  Ten bucks the management will tell me the loss of 100 bucks of food won't be their fault, it will be against corporate policy.

Also found out the 30 bucks I pay a month to have a dog doesn't cover dog damage in the apartment, it's for cleaning the grounds which makes me wonder why I've been picking up dog crap three times a day for 30 months.  But if they don't cover the food, at least I won't be picking up dog crap anymore.

The dog has been licking up the carpeting, but only by the patio door, which makes me think there is something under there, like an ant farm, bee's nest or mice.  That is how I found out the 30 bucks a month won't cover the carpet repair, which contradicts the reason I was told when I signed a lease 2.34 years ago.  I've written some nice internet comments for this place in the past, now the wrath of me is about to spend my holiday writing not so flattering comments on every damn apartment board in Colorado if they don't cover those lost groceries.

Oh well, still have my health, so far.  Colorado has a major outbreak of the flu bug that mostly is affecting kids, but also some adults, who don't seem to live thru it.  Now they have traced the source of the bug.  Central America.  Brought here by all those kids Numb Nuts brought in and spread around the country and put them in the public schools.

Speaking of Fort Collins, there was a story several months ago in the local paper about a anonymous looking building on the west side of town.  There is a fence around it.  Seems the building is home to just about every deadly virus and bacterium known to man.  It's part of CSU.  The really funny part is write in the article it says 'there is absolutely nothing for the residents of Fort Collins to worry about" which is basically one of those ironic sentences that always come back to haunt.

Took me almost 14 minutes to find the place recently.  I wonder if Islamic nutjobs read the local paper? Kind of irresponsible of the media to point something like this out, but then, so am I, yet I'm not stupid enough to tell you exactly where it is at, lest I have Islamic nutjobs reading my blog.

Good ballot in Colorado this fall.  Have a vote on whether foods have to be labelled if they have GMO ingredients in them.  Apparently, Monsanto has been funneling serious bucks into the state to try to get a down vote on this, but I don't think they will win.  And right now it appears we should have a republican governor and senator come next year, which, in the end, probably won't make a whole hill of beans different, but who knows.

I wasn't going to vote anymore, but the chance to stick it to Monsanto is just too appealing.  I may just punch that and skip the rest.

Well, that's it from the land of thawed frozen foods and home to all the worst bugs on the planet.

Now, for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rolling stone
But that's not how it used to be
When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me

Oh, and while the king was looking down
The jester stole his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned

And while Lenin read a book on Marx
The quartet practiced in the park
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died


Don McLean




No comments:

Post a Comment