A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

HE WHO HESITATES IS LOST II

I would like to ask a favor of some of you who are not imaginary.  If you read my book and if you like it, though I'm not sure anyone could actually enjoy the story, could you write a review on Amazon if you haven't?  I have three great reviews, but it would be cool to see some more and I'm too honest to do what other authors do and fake them.  Or have family members post reviews.

I gave my book to my sister, nephews, and nieces and none of them posted a review; wouldn't surprise me if none of them read the book.  Which is why recently when someone asked me if I had any family I said no - an interesting response I pondered later.

Following the line of the end of the previous blog, another interesting story of the coming persecution of Christians in this country.  Seems some Christian Colleges in the New England area have been informed if they don't start teaching, wait, let me look up the exact wording, the New England Associations of Schools and Colleges are informing the christian schools if they don't remove their standard against co habitation and homosexual relationships they will lose their accreditation.  So soon christian high schools and colleges will no longer be accredited by the state.

Good.

I would think it would be a black mark to by approved by the state these days.

I wonder when all these liberal LGBT, who insist that Christianity to totally removed from the political process are going to say Martin Luther King was wrong to force his religious views on the south?  Because if they are going to be consistent in their philosophy, they have to be against MLK - but they will insist they are not.  Just as they will have no problem with pastors who embrace the LGBT positions - that is okay, it's only bad if the pastors disagree.

And while on the topic of a small vocal minority creating all sorts of chaos in our lives, did anyone catch the story about the Great Lakes?  Seems the water temperature is about 6 degrees below last year and about 4 degrees off the average.  What this means is the likelihood of much colder weather for many of the Great Lakes states, an earlier winter, more likely another freeze of all the lakes, and it's a trend beginning.  Siberia is already seeing heavy snow.  And the current that rides up the US East Coast towards England is slowing again and will produce a much more serious winter in Europe, again.

Gee, I wonder if that BP oil spill could affect that current?  Where did we read that before?

Point of all this is this; all indicators are that we are cooling, not warming.  Scientists and statisticians who are not earning their living on government grants are showing time and time again that the numbers coming out of those paid mouthpieces are being manipulated, how they are being manipulated, how the readings are being biased towards warming, and yet our governments are still pushing the world towards carbon taxes.  Electric bills and other heating bills will skyrocket this winter as the effect of closing the coal plants will be realized in higher bills.

I guess, if we were smart, we might think of all these things in the next election.  Maybe we could walk in and make sure incumbents are voted out, regardless of party.  Hey, I have no problem with a congressman having 3 terms, but that is it.  I have no problem with a senator with 2 terms, but no more. Lifers are killing us, they go and make 200k a year, approximately, and leave 20 years later with 10 million in the bank.  And we wonder why our jobs are gone, why are incomes are  dropping, why costs are through the roof.

But, what is God's Will?  Danged if I know.  I've said before if overnight the big earthquake happened in the Atlantic and a tidal wave of 500ft high took out DC to Boston, I'd deep down inside say "thank you God".  I don't know if anything else could save us.  If Yellowstone goes, well, we all go and as I die I would think, "I understand".

Saw a film at church tonite from Africa, where people were given Bibles in their language, and watched them hug and kiss and cry with getting their own Bible.  I have at least 12 in my home, not counting electronic versions, most I haven't touched in a year.  I sure don't hold them, hug them, and kiss them.

Oh well, painting tomorrow, I promise, no blogging, I may be wearing out my welcome into your homes or into the imagination of my imaginary readers.  Last night was the first night I didn't have any dreams or nightmares about people and computer problems, I found that, interesting.


That picture hangin' on the wall
Was painted by a friend
He gave it to me all down and out
When he owed me ten

It doesn't look like much I guess
But it's all that's left of him
It sure is nice from right over here
When the light's a little dim

Step inside this house girl
I'll sing for you a song
I'll tell you 'bout just where I've been
It shouldn't take too long

I'll show you all the things that I own
My treasures you might say
It couldn't be more then ten dollars worth
They brighten up my day

And this book of poems was given to me
By a girl I used to know
I guess I read it front to back
Fifty times or so

It's all about the good life
And stayin' at ease with the world
It's funny how I love that book
And I never loved that girl

Step inside this house girl
I'll sing for you a song
I'll tell you 'bout just where I've been
It shouldn't take too long

I'll show you all the things that I own
My treasures you might say
It couldn't be more then ten dollars worth
That brighten up my day

And you hold this piece of glass
Up to the light that's shining through the door
It's a prism glass I found it on the road
And can't you see that tiny rainbow?

It's not really a prism I guess
It just kinda broke a funny way
I was on my way through Houston
And I was headed for L.A.

And step inside this house girl
I'll sing for you a song
I'll tell you 'bout just where I've been
It shouldn't take too long

I'll show you all the things that I own
My treasures you might say
It couldn't be more then ten dollars worth
That brighten up my day


Lyle Lovett