A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, August 18, 2014

SCREWED AND THEN THERE IS SCREWED

Well, no matter how bad your life might be right now, I bet no one would trade positions with that cop in Fergie, MO, who is on his way to prison.

According to the cop, he was forced to fire on the young man, who is about 300lbs and 6'5", and was charging the officer.  According to people not there, this racist cop gunned down this young boy.

I thought it was racist to call blacks boy?

And now one of the 'witnesses' talking and filming afterwards happened to catch the person behind him talking to someone else and this person saw everything that happened and kind of backs up what the cop said about the giant charging him.  Not that it will matter.

Riots are going on, the black minister fund raisers are in town, the parents called some TV doc to do a second autopsy, and now the feds are involved with Eric Holder personally traveling to STL to oversee the lynching, I mean investigation.

This cop doesn't stand a chance.

Let's face it, if some giant nearly 300lbs is charging me the only chance of me coming out alive is either I shoot him or some inanimate object happens to fall/ hit him before he reaches me.  And this giant of a man is filmed screwing around in some store minutes before, walking out with stuff and physically slapping around the poor clerk.

But the giant is black and the knives are out.  Even if the state decides to charge him, what happens at trial?  Does the jury have in the back of their head that if they find the cop innocent, blacks will riot, their names may appear in the paper, and their own lives will be in danger?  Be seriously gutsy under those circumstances to find him innocent.

But so what, once that happens the fed will step in and charge him and prosecute him which is double jeopardy, or was, but now is not.  If the federal government doesn't like the verdict, they just charge him/them again and again and again until they get their man, kind of like a psychotic canadian mountie.

I wonder if the next cop will die, hesitate because the cop doesn't want the same thing to happen and gets tackled by a giant who beats them to death.  And you can bet Jessie and Al won't be within a 1,000 miles of helping that cops family.

Well, went to the eye doc today.  I pay less than a buck a month for insurance for eyewear and must say I got my money's worth.  The insurance pays for a frame up to 150 bucks and pays for lined lenses, who the hell still wears lined bifocals?  So I have to pay the difference.  Of course, no frames in the place were less than 150 and the progressive lenses were all well over the cost of lined lenses so it cost me nearly 200 bucks for glasses, with insurance.

I remember paying about 250 the last time I paid for glasses with no insurance.  Now, in fairness, it has been 5 years and I really need the new ones, I was like four clicks off in each eye.  No wonder I've been having headaches.

But I smell a rat in all this because on the receipt, there is an insurance discount of 340 bucks and the amount the insurance company owes is 44 bucks.  So what I have is an illusionary discount card where the prices are marked up 400% and the client thinks they are getting a good deal but in reality you are getting kind of screwed.

So I think when I pick up my glasses I will make sure I get a copy of the script and do some shopping in a few months when I buy the sunglasses and see if I can find a place not ripping off people.

Kind of pisses me off, but then, in relation to the cop, can't really complain too much.

She'll expose you, when she snows you
Hope you're pleased with the crumbs she throws you
She's ferocious and she knows just
What it takes to make a pro blush
All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes

And she'll tease you, she'll unease you
All the better just to please you
She's precocious, and she knows just
What it takes to make a pro blush