A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

HOW NOT TO RAISE A CHILD

Well, since I already broke one rule this weekend by repeating a blog, I am now going to make it two days in a row and do something I vowed never to do: give advice on raising kids.  Not being a parent gives me that certain viewpoint of objectivity, code word for never actually having done it so I don't know what I am talking about.

So my knowledge of child rearing is very similar to Obama's knowledge of economics, foreign affairs, leadership….  well you get the point.

I've been reading some of the stuff on the nut job who went off over the weekend in California and killed 7 people cause he couldn't get laid.  Now there is a way to cut down on the population, everyone who can't get laid go on a killing spree of those who can get laid.  His dad is some powerful hollywood director of Hunger Games.  Father of one of the dead kids, who is suffering in ways I can't imagine, blames politicians and guns.  Maybe, one day, said father will think that if he'd trained his son proper handgun usage and made his son take gun classes and made his son work to buy his gun then his son would have been carrying a pocket Beretta Nano on that day, be alive today, but that thought will come later.

But the victim's father isn't the problem here.

In reading about the kid's life, one thing became very evident - this is a case where you can blame the parent.  Talk about producing and raising a sociopathic snobby brat of a child.  He can't understand why he can't get laid, he wears nice clothes and drives a really hot car - which is true - that is a hot BMW black coupe, I wonder if his folks are selling it?

But read where this comes from.  This is a kid, if I read this correctly, who got a private party birthday gift of Katy Perry performing at the party.  This kid was spoiled so badly he thought he deserved the love and adoration of all those girls on campus

It really is fascinating reading to get the background on this kid and realize this was inevitable; this kid was going to kill and it's a fracking roadmap for many a psych student for future papers - or parents wishing to raise a sociopath.

Parents who buy their kids everything.  What is that about?  Replacing love and time with monetary gifts to create a child who thinks he deserves love because he has all the 'stuff'?

And then comes the temper tantrum.  I will bet the farm that if you look further into this kid's past, you are going to find other times he did something bad, illegal, and was 'gotten out' of the problem by his folks -  a life with no consequences for behavior.

And no moral compass, a 22 year old who didn't mind dying because there was nothing left, nothing more, just blink out of existence.  A spoiled wealthy kid who never had to work for anything in life, had everything given to him, and grew to expect all that stuff  given was because he was 'special'.  He had no skills at handling rejection, no skills at understanding he wasn't special, no skills at anything other than superficial thinking and temper tantrums.  And, we will soon find, poor little rich kid grew up on ADD or other such drugs as a regular part of his diet.  Watch.

I'm surprised his dad hadn't hired Bill Clinton to coach his son on scoring with the opposite sex.  I'm sure Bill would have loved spending a week on campus showing the kid how to pick up da chicks.

Life in America.  Bunch of young people killed by some snobby spoiled rich kid; people thinking that it was all the fault of the gun; twitter verse alive with young girls and boys who think the dead psycho is 'hot'; and one peon guy in Colorado thinking that no matter how weird this all sounds, it is only going to get stranger and stranger as we move forward to the inevitable conclusion.

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep, 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire

Psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, far better
Run, run, run, run, run, run away
Oh-ho-ho

Talking Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment