A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TRICK OR TREATS AND RUNNING BUFFALO

So, I am at the store the other day and had a coupon for a discount on Kashi crackers and suddenly saw the PF Cookies.  Man, I use to love those PF cookies with mac nuts and white chocolate, so I bought a bag of the ten really big cookies.

Uh, there are only 8 now in the bag and they look to be about 25% smaller than they use to be.  Faster cheaper better for business has now become smaller fewer and more expensive for the consumer.

Just this past weekend I spied a story that scientists, well, some scientists, were speculating that Yellowstone might be a dying volcano.  I guess we can't have that now can we!  So today stories breaking everywhere that the earthquake this weekend is Yellowstone waking up, why we got video of buffalo running for their lives, which if I recall, didn't help them much in the 1800's.

So now everyone is scared of Yellowstone again.  Whew.  What would we do without being scared to death over something we have no control over.  Plus, it takes our eyes away from our megalomaniac in chief's attempts to start WWIII but just can't make up his mind between China or Russia to kick in the shin so we can eliminate 75% of the countries population.

Well, except the elite.  They will hide till the war is over, then come back, the country will open the border with Mexico to get the lawns mowed, the cars washed, and the dishes cleared off the table, and everyone will be happy.

Which is why I am rooting for Yellowstone.

Mankind is so totally fornicating up the world, little men with scores to settle from some childhood trauma, and the one thing that will stop these idiots in Europe, Russia, Asia and the US from viscously killing billions is a nice super volcano like Yellowstone going full metal jacket on the planet.

I use to worry about being too close to Yellowstone, now I'm afraid I'm not close enough to die in the first 24 hours.  It will be a painful death, but nothing like what it will be for survivors.

For you see, if Yellowstone goes, so goes the majority of farmland in the US and Canada, which pretty much provides 90% of feed, grain, dairy, meat, and all those other things most people think come in a box or bag.  So if you survive, you are going to starve.

Unless you are lucky and freeze to death first because when all that dirt and gas get up in the atmosphere, it will spread around the planet, covering the earth in a layer of dust, blocking the sun, Al Gore's dream of global warming, well, if you bet on an ice age you win, sort of.

And, apparently, the unluckiest of all will be those trying to escape Yellowstone while driving a Chevy Colbalt.

What you could end up with is a planet wide extinction level event and all those elitie types who think they can get to those underground cities are not going to be able to travel by air, at least in the US, and within a week or ten days anywhere in the northern hemisphere, so they will get to die with the rest of us, though better dressed.

But hopefully, PFarms gets the nasty message I sent them about cheating me out about 4 1/2 cookies.

 I'm in the middle of nowhere
Near the end of the line
But there's a border to somewhere waiting
And there's a tankful of time
Oh give me just another moment
To see the light of the day
And take me to another land
Where I don't have to stay
And I'm gonna need somebody
To make me feel like you do
And I will receive somebody
With open arms, open eyes
Open up the sky and let the planet
That I love shine through