A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

TRAMPIN' TO SALVATION SUNDAY

It's Supertramp Day at the household as I clean the kitchen, one bathroom and then make myself comfortable on my day off.  Tomorrow is Salvation Sunday.

That is what I call Easter.  No longer comfortable with all the pagan practices we have on Easter, what the hell were our parents thinking, but I don't like Resurrection Sunday.  When I hear people call it Resurrection Sunday it always comes out as so uppity and superior sounding.

There is not much I know for sure.  In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, well I am certainly comfortable with that.  But I do have questions about timing and while I love to argue with the scientists on this topic, I also like arguing with the Answers in Genesis crowd because why would God create the Heavens and the Earth and make the earth without form or void then change His mind to make it livable?  And after
Adam and Eve started making time on Earth, how long passed before Eve chomped on that piece of forbidden fruit?  We read it like it happened the next day but for all we know eons could have passed, let's face it, if you are going to live forever, who's going to count birthdays?

Do you really think they have clocks and calendars in Heaven?  "What time is it honey?"
"Oh, it's already half to infinity, dear!"

But when it comes to tomorrow this is a topic I've stamped The End and closed the book on.  Tomorrow is the day the world discovered Jesus has left the building, or the tomb in His case.  The Sunday after Passover in 32 AD though the years may be tiny bit off since some idiot messed up on the calendar counting and Jesus was probably actually born about 4 BC not 1AD.  But I am as confident about tomorrow being the day we found Jesus alive and well as I am about the sun rising tomorrow, no pun intended.  And because of Jesus making His defeat of death, I have a chance of salvation after death, a chance Jesus will step forward and say "welcome, my good and faithful servant".

Sorry, I don't like the "if I die tomorrow I'm going to heaven, ask me how" crowd.  When I die, I'm going to be judged and found guilty and humbly hope and pray Jesus steps forward and doesn't say "I knew thee not".

Kind of a sad week, Holly Deyo shut down her daily updates on www.standeyo.com  I feel like I've lost an old friend or something.

Funniest line I read about the standoff in Nevada was from Ann Barnhardt who said, "the Paiute Indians have been unavailable for comment".  I love a witty smart ass line that goes over most people's heads.  I like the fact that some of the western states are getting together now and going to try to take back all the declared 'federal land' in their states that were taken away with not so much as due process of any kind.  Let's face it folks, the whole private property thing is under attack and I've been warning you don't be surprised to find out one day soon that some chinese family really owns the note on your home and wants to live there now.

More tomorrow.  Hope I can hold my real and imaginary readers only posting on weekends.  And please, if you ever call support, do you think you could manage to turn off the television and tell the spouse and kids to shut up before you make the call instead of yelling at them repeatedly throughout the call?  Duh!

Reminds me of why I never married.

 Did you get all you want?
did you see the whole show?
so where's all the fun
that we used to know?
as the memories fade
way out of view
i'd love those old days
to come back to you


I've been waiting so long
i'm not feeling so strong
Did you say what you mean?
did you mean what you say?
about this new scene
is it really that way?
but the blindness goes on
you say it's not so
but what do you know?


Supertramp