A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

REPUBLICANS, THE BIBLE AND AVATAR

Headline tonight on Drudge says the Obamacare plan is here to stay and an immigration bill granting amnesty and voting to 30 million illegal aliens is a done deal according to one powerful republican.

Powerful republican is soon going to be an oxymoron.  Republicans are going the way of the Whigs.  I still haven't decided if I'm voting this fall, the Senate seat in Colorado is up for grabs as is the governors office.  Colorado is kind of cool - we recalled two state senators and a third resigned before she could be recalled after the gun law votes.  That is neat.  And it would be neat to replace a democratic governor and senator in the same election - but if we make 30 million illegal aliens voters, it won't matter anymore.  States like AZ, TX, and Florida will instantly become democratic states and if TX and FL are no longer in play, guess what folks, no other election will be in play as far as presidents go.  I honestly don't get it, I understand somewhat making sure kids born in this country, even if their folks snuck in here illegally, citizens; but if we reward illegal behavior  …. oh wait… now I get it!!!

What would you expect out of a bunch of people in Washington who consistently get wealthy with illegal behavior to do but reward others for their illegal behavior?  Now it makes sense.  More criminals, less morality.

I swear, every day it seems like there is one more drop of information that makes me wish God would just stop the music and get it all over with.

Speaking of God, I don't know why so many people live in the prophecy books, something comes over me when reading the wisdom books - maybe I need it - but I love the wisdom books including those not normally included in the FEP versions (fundamentalists evangelical pentecostal).  The rest I just don't get moved, maybe I'm not wise enough for them yet.  Same with the NT, Matthew, John, James, Hebrews, and the Peter, John, Jude letters touch me.

I wish I were smarter because many times reading Paul's letters I get this feeling he is saying something that actually contradicts Jesus' sayings but I can never quite put my finger on any of it.

Watched Wizards this weekend.  I love that old Ralph Bashki movie from the late 70's.


Avatar is the good wizard, one of the twins, and the other is, of course, the evil brother.

Avatar is an interesting word.  I know it's the movie that came out a few years ago which was the sci fi version of Dances with Wolves but I never saw Avatar.  But the word originally was from the Hindu meaning a manifestation of a god in a human body.  It also means someone who lives a specific world view in everything they do.  And with the internet, the avatar is the internet persona someone might take; similar to Barkley Pontree I guess.

With the new company, I thought it was witty to make this picture my icon picture in the company chat rooms - get it - an avatar of Avatar?  No one else got it either, it's an inside joke and I'm the only person in the room.

Anyways, it's a good flick, but much better when you are stoned than straight.  Typical 70's fare, magic versus technology, the evil brother starts taking over the world using propaganda, so it's got an interesting message.   I saw this at an old theatre in Kalamazoo that had statues on the walls of the theatre which can really freak you out when you are buzzed, you keep thinking someone is watching you and glancing at the walls.

At least, I think they were statues, never mind.

Job is going great.  Good reviews and the company lets us sign up for overtime when needed by the company so I got an extra four hours in this week, which was cool.

There can be a new dream,
One for us to hold,
Made with peace and hope
And built upon the old.

No one has the answer
To give away or sell.
Tomorrow holds the secret,
But only time will tell.


This is the theme song in Wizards "Only Time Will Tell"
the singer, are you sitting down, is Susan Anton
No kidding
I can just hear most of you thinking "who the hell is Susan Anton?"