A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

SUPERBUST

Well, thank heavens the Super Bowl is over without any massive terrorist attacks.  Not having a TV, I was worried I would miss the elimination of mankind.

For weeks and weeks the alternative web sites have been abuzz with stories of false flag attacks, terrorism, nukes, chemicals, biological weapons and other assorted mass casualties happening at this years Super Bowl.  Funny how the same things were being said about the Super Bowl in Dallas recently, but that is the wonderful thing about alternative media types, never let being wrong a couple of hundred times keep you from reusing the same old stories anew.

And, in the classic post hoc begging the question of appealing to ignorance, some of these web sites, like Truth.org and, of course, beforeitsnews.com are claiming that because they warned people with their stories, the attack was called off, thus saving the world, well, except the Broncos who must have been handed up as a sacrifice or something.  Maybe all that legal pot ain't such a good idea after all.

How do they celebrate in Seattle?  Starbucks doubles and heroin?

So instead of watching the game, I was busy outlining the Letters to the Seven Churches in Revelation, which apparently Peyton Manning would have had a more productive evening if he'd done the same.

Now I am going to say this quietly, since I live in Colorado and people out here are absolutely fricking nuts about the Broncos, but I really didn't care if they won.  See, I still remember Elway, two seasons past, looking like he was pissed beyond all getup when Tebow led the Broncos to a tying 4th quarter touchdown for the third game in a row.  Mile High was electric, but Elway was pictured in the press box slowly clapping with a look of defeat on his face.  He wanted Tebow to fail, he wanted that first pick in the draft, and here they put Tebow in to fail and he leads them from 2 -6 to the playoffs, then beats Pitt in overtime.

I understood signing Manning, but then Elway shipped Tebow for a lot less than he could have gotten to NY where he'd get buried for a season, then released, and now is out of football.  They railroaded the guy out of town, then out of the NFL.  Nobody wants the circus.

So nothing against Manning and the Broncos, but serves you right.  Now I hope Manning hangs it up with his Hall of Fame career and leaves Elway trying to figure out how to fill the QB shoes with the 31st pick in the draft.

Let's face it, Tebow's Superbowl commercial was the best performance by any Bronco tonight.

Those seven churches in Revelation are interesting.  How do you interpret what you read?  Why those churches?  I know many link the church at Thyatira to the catholic church but I'm not sure, why, if Jesus wanted to talk about them, didn't he mention the church in Rome?  And while those were real churches with those real problems, are they idioms for the evolution each church goes thru, are they about us, since we, the people, are the church?  What is really interesting is Missler links the seven churches to the seven parables in Matt 13 and each parable, in order, matches each church, in order.  That is a mind blower, check it out.

There is a ton of great YouTube movies on the Bible you can watch, unfortunately there are 10 tons of crap on the Bible too.

Oh, well, the wait for official word on the job should come this week, I hope.  Got two plans, one with the job, one without.  Neither are pretty, but at least with this job, I can get started on rebuilding the rest of my life, I hope, though I suspect a Chapter 7 this year.  Without it, well, it's a free for all sale of everything that won't fit in the car, get all the cash I can, and get in the car and go, somewhere.  Maybe Alaska, there's a Greek Orthodox Monastary up there I might be able to join.  Or maybe a cave in the mountains, if any are still open.  Did you know the government's been closing caves all over the country the last 10 years?

I read that on beforeitsnews.

Take the highway
Lord knows I've been gone too long
Lot of sad days, yeah
One day you'll turn around
and I'll be gone
And the time has finally come
for me to pack my bags and walk away
Hear me say...
I'll be back someday
But darlin' please don't
wait for me too long
There's just one place I can't stay


Marshall Tucker Band