A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

BIBLE READING, SATANIC WORSHIP, AND BAD COPS


I don't know where I learned this little trick, but for those of my imaginary readers who have minds that tend to wander when reading, this is a great way to read the Bible and not let your mind wander.

Read the Bible out loud.  Now, on the morning commuter train, this might cause some problems, but then again it might be a good thing to do.  I remember about 20 years ago taking the slow poke and southern line from Palos to downtown Chicago and not once, not twice, but several times you could hear some girl on the train, sitting with friends, telling them all about the date this weekend with really explicit descriptions of the sex.  Half the car could hear the story.  So maybe Bible reading aloud would be a cool thing.

But even in your home, read it aloud.  It makes you focus more parts of the ol' brain matter on the topic and maybe God likes to hear it.  Give it a try and let me know if you don't really start to like it.

Speaking on theological topics, I heard recently someone being interviewed and I can't for the life of me remember what I was listening to, but they said something I never thought about before.  We tend to view a Satanist as someone who consciously chooses evil, but what this person pointed out is that a Satanist doesn't view Lucifer as evil - they view Lucifer as good.  Lucifer is the Morning Star, the god that wanted mankind to have knowledge.  Lucifer, to them, is good, it is Jehovah who is evil, Jehovah who didn't want mankind to have knowledge of good and evil, etc.

Wow, what an interesting point of view to consider.  Totally changes how you would talk about God with a Satanist, doesn't it?

I don't know what is going on in the world of cops, but something sure is odd.  The video last month of the cops beating the homeless guy in death in California was absolutely disgusting.  Now there is a70 year old guy who is pulled over, cop tells him to get out of the truck, when he does he reaches in the back for his cane and the cop shoots him.  Cop took three shots, one hit - I mean how far away was the cop?  Now the 70 year old disabled guy is in the hospital and the chief says it was justified.

No, it's not justified.  Does this 25 year old cop really think the 70 year old guy was pulling a rifle?  Ever hear of freeze?

Look, I know most cops are great men and women.  They are neighbors.  They coach the little league teams, usher in churches, their spouses teach the kids, etc.  But there is something evil going on across the nation in some of these departments and it is up to the good cops to figure out who the bad guys are and get rid of them so they don't paint the whole department as evil.

Shooting a 70 year old justified?  I'm sorry, that cop should be retired immediately.  Those cops in CA should be put in prison for beating to death the homeless man.  No one is above the law.  But it's time the police started policing themselves.

Darkness on the edge
Shadows where I stand
I search for the time
On a watch with no hands
I want to see you clearly
Come closer than this
But all I remember
Are the dreams in the mist

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
Every second of the night I live another life
These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake the further I'm away

Heart