A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, January 20, 2014

TANK IS EMPTY

In what would be a shock to long term imaginary readers and friends, I have nothing to say.

I don't really want to use this blog to regurgitate news stories, though when I find obscure ones I will write about them, like the private prison system, but there are already some one gazillion such blogs.

And I am tired of bitching about life.  I did have a second interview with a company this morning which will be a great job if I keep getting through the interview process and the 5 weeks of training.  Not going to mention who, jinxes and all.  So pray hard or whatever for some luck coming my way on that front.

Did have some fun yesterday downloading from YouTube.  Went looking for the theme song to Family Classics with Frazier Thomas.  If you didn't grow up in Chicagoland in the 50's, 60's, or 70's you have no idea what I'm talking about, but Family Classics was what WGN played on Sunday afternoons between baseball season.  Actually, it started at noon with either Sherlock Holmes or Charlie Chan movies, then Family Classics where you watched old movies like Robin Hood, Sink the Bismark, and others.  I thought the theme would make a cool ringtone.

Cool ringtones are defined as a tune that nobody else has on their phone.

Which led me to other things like the theme song to Beanie and Cecil, the old Hamms beer commercials and now I've got this great collection of ringtones for a phone that almost never rings.  I don't know if this will post in the blog or not:

video

Sometimes I read other blogs and copy and paste the info in one of my blogs, I'm pretty good at footnoting those, but occasionally I read a one that I think, heck, I'm not even going to try to write it better.

Here is one on retail shopping for your reading pleasure:

http://www.theburningplatform.com

And here is one that I only can wish I could write:

http://www.barnhardt.biz/2014/01/18/the-one-about-fear-of-the-lord/


Well, wish me luck on the job interviews.  It is full time with a good company though I'm not sure how I'm going to make ends meet.  Housing in Colorado is so damn expensive.  I've compared rent here in FC to other cities, 100-150k population, college, etc and it is about 250 bucks or more for a one bedroom apartment here than Kalamazoo, East Lansing, Evansville, Campaign, Columbus, College Station, Waco, and a couple of others.  But it's work, it's a good job, who cares I'll be making what I did 28 years ago for the same job.

Just need to ace that last interview.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment