A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, January 31, 2014

I'M SO CONFUSED

Okay, that headline shouldn't be a newsflash.

Still waiting to find out on job with XXX.  Monday was told I passed the interviews, now it was background check time.  Tuesday heard from person doing background check and I'd feel a whole lot better about the process if the person understood english.  Person kept asking for verification for employment as a caretaker - I kept explaining there is no employment, I'd quit work to take care of my father while he was dying of Alzheimer's and she asked if she could talk to him.

My life, in the balance, of this?  Heard from one person who was contacted as a reference and he had the same problems with the person.  The global economy.  So at this point I have no idea whether I'm going to get the job now because I have no idea what the background check is going to show.  Will it be accurate that I've never been arrested, charged, fired, etc or will I come out a career criminal because the background checker hires people in some country with minimal english language skills?

Where is that massive solar flare?

Anyways, where was I, oh yes, confusion.  Lots of stories of late concerning the fact that 1% of the elite control over 50% of the money.  What is so hard to understand about that?  It's always been that way.

Show me a time in history where the 1% didn't control the money?  Teddy Roosevelt fought hard against those at the beginning of the 20th century who controlled all the money.  For at least a century or more, the Catholic Church and the Kings/Queens of Europe controlled all the money.  Same in Asia with the dynasties controlling the population.  It's always been this way.  Is it a lack of history education, the type of history or did some journalism majors just figure all this out?

If a president took all the assets from every person in the country, stocks, cash, bonds, etc and divided it up evenly so Bill Gates and Buffet had as much money on Monday as the waitress at the Egg & I, how long do you think it would take before Gates and Buffett had all the money and the waitress was broke again?  A year?  Almost every broke poor sob would be broke and poor within the year and all that money would be back in the pockets of people like Buffett.  Just the way it is.

Sure, some would look at the windfall and figure out a way to make it last, I'm sure all my imaginary readers would because you obviously have a higher level of intelligence and are smarter than the average bear.  Never hurts to suck up to your readers…

Been doing a deep study of Daniel and Revelation.  First, why does every person doing a commentary on Revelation have to repeat ad nauseum that the book is Revelation, not Revelations with an S as if the key to getting into heaven will be reserved only to those who know Revelation is singular?  Makes me want to call it Revelations just to cause millions of fundamentalists to gasp in horror at such heresy.

What fascinates me is not the part of Revelation that everyone else is so focused on, I like Chapters 2 and 3 and the seven letters to the seven churches.  There is some real seriously good stuff in those two chapters.  Skip the rest, focus on Chapters 2 and 3.

I am also trying to track when the first horseman was first called the antiChrist.  See, here is the problem.  If the horseman were released in February, how would anyone know?  One quarter of the earth is already starving, inflation is rampant in everyone's currency, and wars are raging already; so how would we know?

Or, have the horseman been released for centuries?   What if Lucifer is the first horseman?

Then there are the debates of pre, mid, or post tribulation and I've discovered there is one little factoid that makes mid trib or post trib a problem and it has to do with imminence, we don't know when Jesus is coming, but if it's after this seal or after that trumpet, then the doctrine of imminent is in trouble.

Of course, to balance all this deep thought, I also downloaded from youtube The Thin Blue Line which is a two season comedy from the BBC staring Mr. Bean.

Life in balance.

Once upon a time
Once when you were mine
I remember skies
Reflected in your eyes
I wonder where you are
I wonder if you
Think about me
Once upon a time
In your wildest dreams

Once the world was new
Our bodies felt the morning dew
That greets the brand new day
We couldn't tear ourselves away
I wonder if you care
I wonder if you still remember
Once upon a time
In your wildest dreams

And when the music plays
And when the words are
Touched with sorrow
When the music plays
I hear the sound
I had to follow
Once upon a time
Once beneath the stars
The universe was ours



MB

No comments:

Post a Comment