A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'M NOT DONE RANTING YET, DAMMIT!

Had a nice moment this morning.

Saw Chicago got it's biggest snow storm in 15 years, and I immediately knew that storm.  It also came on New Years Eve and Day.

In 1999, I took my dad out to get a snowblower.  He wanted a John Deere; I forget what he had, but it was a pain in the butt blower; had to be serviced every year, often didn't start and for small amounts of snow I could shovel things in the time it took to get the damn thing started.

So he wanted a John Deere and we went shopping on NYE.  The Deere store was closed.  The store that carried Deere was out of the sizes we needed and the only option was a tractor.  So we spent about 3 hours driving around, trying to find a Deere and didn't buy anything.

Woke up the next morning with over 20 inches of HEAVY snow in the driveway.  Took me about 5 hours with two breaks to clear out that driveway with a shovel.

Punch line?  He went out the next week when I was working and bought a Honda snow blower, the same one we saw at about 15 stores on NYE and he didn't want.

So, dear taxpayers, how ya feeling today?  Did you read the news?  Did you pay your dues, this morning when the paper landed in your yard?

Let's go back to the economic genius that is Obama.  If you owned stock or bonds in Chrysler back in 2009, you got hosed.  Nada, crap.  But the new company formed over the weekend with billions in tax payer dollars.  Fiat, the Italian company formerly known as "fix it again, Tony" became the new owner with 20% of the company for nothing down, bought itself up to 58% from the US government for 2.2 billion and the union got the other 41% in stock.

Now, Fiat is buying the 41% of the stock from the union for 4.4 billion plus an additional  payoff, I mean contribution, to their pension fund of 700 million.  US taxpayers put up 12 billion in the deal and we got, um, well, um, Jeeps made in China.

So, to recap, Fiat bought a US car company for nothing down, and 6.6 billion for full control financed by US taxpayers who spent 12 billion for a 2.2 billion return, a 9.8 billion dollar loss, and the union for going along with the whole thing gets 5 billion dollars, which I am sure will be spent on all the autoworkers who are about to lose their plants to China.

Which, by the way, is exactly what Romney said in the 2012 election campaign was going to happen.  Union thugs get big payoff for going along with the deal and in another 20 years, most Chrysler cars will be made in China.  Chrysler, owned by the wops, made by the chinks, financed by the saps.

Okay, I'm done now.

Oh, I see her face everywhere I go
On the street and even at the picture show
Have you seen her
Tell me have you seen her

Oh, I hear her voice as the cold winds blow
In the sweet music on my radio
Have you seen her
Tell me have you seen her

Why, oh, why
Did she have to leave and go away?
Oh... oh... oh... oh... oh...
I've been used to havin' someone to lean on
And I'm lost, baby, I'm lost



No comments:

Post a Comment