A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

INSERT CLEVER TITLE HERE

First off, thank you Teri for the wonderful book review on Amazon, which I will post here because people rarely say anything nice about me so this is proof that somebody out there likes me:

5.0 out of 5 stars Great journey! January 29, 2014
By Teri
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

I also somehow stumbled upon the blog [...] written by Dick Lane. He offers a great commentary on the events of the day and what is happening in our country. Being a baby boomer I can relate to what he writes.

I really enjoyed reading about Dick's adventures while caring for his father who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I was touched that Dick promised to keep both his mom and dad out of a nursing home and went through hell and high water to do so. The book renewed my faith in humankind. There are definitely some great people out there that are persistent and will keep their word no matter what.

Although Dick often questioned why God was throwing so many difficulties his way, he never lost his faith in Him. It is a great testimony to the love one can have for their parents and/or others in their life and going the distance in helping others out when needed.

I enjoyed going on the journey with Dick and I think others will too! A great read. 

Thank you for the kind words, I don't know if I am a 'great people' but I do know there are others who did what I did and there are many who have faced worse situations.  Unfortunately, it's 20 year old boys who are packaged as singers who make the headlines in America.  The heart and soul of this nation go, unnoticed, which is why it touches me so deeply when I read a review from a perfect stranger; two lives touching.

Is there such a thing as an imperfect stranger?
*************

I don't know which story today made me burst out laughing more; both involved 'studies' done - I'm sure with taxpayer money.  The first was a NASA study which after years of research determined that the human body was not meant to survive in space.

No shit?  How much money did that take?  What next, NASA determines that the human body is not made to live under water or in fire?

Yes, I know the study was about long term space travel, but it still struck me as funny.  Once again, it takes millions of dollars and years of study to determine what any midwesterner could have told you  without spending a dime.

Speaking of spending a dime, the new study just out has determined that men with bigger testicles are more likely to cheat in a  marriage.  Serioiusly, on the Drudge Report.  This is the second study to confirm that large testicled men are more likely to stray in a marriage than small testicled men.

But, how exactly do you obtain an objective sample for such a study?  I am picturing student research assistants for some psych department hanging out in front of some hotel, waiting for a couple to come out of the room, then asking "is that your wife or are you cheating?"  "May we measure your testicles, sir?"

Or think of the wife whom reads the article then decides to measure her husbands testicles while he sleeps tonight and when she discovers his testicles are in the range of most likely to cheat, punches her sleeping husband.

And what of small testicled men, is this an opportunity for us to, er, I mean, them,  them to sell the fact they have small testicles?  "Honey, I love you, I want to spend my life with you, I have small testicles, don't you know, so I won't cheat, marry me?"

What would we do without such studies.

Now, the big question is whether this one scientist, Steve Goddard,  will look into their numbers and research the way he did the weather data.  What he caught was the government padding the numbers to show global warming, shows how they were doing it, and provides the actual graphical look without the padding:



So, there you have it, our government fudging data to justify spending trillions and eliminating jobs, cars, and all sorts of things for no reason what so ever.

But, alas fair maidens, fear not, for a solution to the non existent global warming has been found at Harvard University!  Former doomed love struck actor in Office and a Gentleman,  now skinny bearded Harvard professor David Keith, has come up with a solution to all of our global warming problems.  All we need to do is pump sulfuric acid into the stratosphere every year!  I kid thee not!  Yes, sulfuric acid rain kills, oh plants, animals, humans and such every year, but the increase in deaths will be offset by the over all benefit to mother earth or something like that, I was laughing so hard at this point I wasn't really paying attention.

You don't believe me.  Fine, read for yourself:

 "This is a provocative book ... by one of the few real experts on the subject. David Keith is a technophile environmentalist with a weakness for the wilderness, who argues that a “brutally ugly technical fix” – injecting sulphate aerosols into the stratosphere – is one of the tools that we need to deploy real soon. He is frank about the risks and disadvantages of this technique, but concludes that the benefits would outweigh them – especially for those who are most at risk from climate change. If you want to increase your understanding of solar geoengineering, and you don’t mind having your assumptions challenged, this is the book to read"
-John Shepherd, FRS

See folks, you don't have to make stuff up.  The funniest nuttiest ideas are out there.  The benefits outweigh the disadvantages, otherwise known as death, to solve a problem that statisticians have show not only doesn't exist, but is being perpetrated on the public with manipulated data.

I think someone should pump Dr. Keith's you know what full of sulfuric acid and let some psych student measure them.

edited grammar problems on 1/30

So I thought about her as I sang that night
And how the circle keeps rolling around.
How I act as I'm facing the footlights
And how she's flying with both feet on the ground.

I guess it's a sequel to our story
From the journey 'tween heaven and hell
With half the time thinking of what might have been
and half thinkin' it's just as well.

I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment