A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, December 20, 2013

STRANGE. TWILIGHT ZONE STRANGE.

First of all, thanks to anonymous for purchasing a softcover edition of my book.  I moved from being ranked around 2,500,000 to 500,000.  For selling one book.  Trying to figure out how to spend that $1.83 cents now.

Okay, this is seriously weird.  As many of my long term imaginary readers know, I'm a big fan of Supertramp.  Probably my favorite all time group.  Okay, they aren't Brahms or the Dante Symphony, but close.

But I saw this photo on Prison Planet when I was doing a StartPage search for music groups and Crowley.  Remember, this album was released in 1980, when I had hair, ate 5000 calories a day, ran six miles a day, was popular and had the illusions of a happy future.


I always like Supertramp album covers.  Crime of the Century had that great stoner space theme, with the protagonist pulling on the bars.



Crisis What Crisis is probably not only my favorite Supertramp album but one of my favorite album covers.  I love the black/white depressing background with the full color guy just relaxing, immune to the crisis.  I wish I were still so delusional.




Breakfast in America was a good album, a little too pop, but still fits well in the progressive rock concept album genre.  Lord is it Mine is such a great song, in fact most of the tunes on this album are good, but the album cover never did much for me.





Until today, that is.  Because today I saw, doing an internet search on Supertramp and Crowley and thankfully not finding any connection, but I did see something incredibly freaky.  Remember, this album was released in 1980.  Reagan was running against Carter, we thought the economy was in the tank, though that was later redefined under Obama to make these Carter years look pretty damn good.  The economy in the Rust Belt was tanking, but in the south and west is was booming.  Look at the picture.  Look at the twin towers, the juice, the look on the face of the waitress and then think of the title. The picture of Manhattan taken from a plane.  Do you see it?

Now, let's reverse the picture.


There, right above the towers, the P is a 9 and the U looks like 11.  911.  Right above those two towers.  Breakfast in America.

Wow.  Strange.

At night when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am
Who I am, who I am, who I am

'Coz I'm feeling so illogical
D-d-digital
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Unbelievable
B-b-bloody marvelous


No comments:

Post a Comment