A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

MANDELA

Look, I don't know if the guy was a hero or villain, probably a little of both.  Yes, he spent a lot of time in prison, but he led the movement to end apartheid which was good, though the end result may not look so good if Zimbabwe is any indication.  I remember, man it's been over 15 years, friend of mine, her daughter married a SA and was home visiting and they owned a ranch or something and the workers told them that when Mandela dies, there will be great riots and they wished them to move now before it was too late.  They were not going to riot while Mandela was alive, but after his death, the black population intended to eradicate the white race from Africa.

So we shall see.

But what a funeral, huh?  I mean, I have been laughing for two days about the fat guy giving the sign language.  Total gibberish and I thought if some guy punked the officials and got up to give sign language without knowing a damn thing about it, he is my new hero.  Turns out he was hired as a signer, but now claims as the speeches started, he began seeing angels and he didn't want to panic because he'd seen them before and knew how to deal with him but he'd been hospitalized for over a year before in a psychiatric hospital; I mean at this point of the story you must be thinking how the hell did some nut with a violent past and a year in the psycho ward get that fricking close to all those world leaders?

But our president, speaking of violent people who need to be in the psycho ward, really made americans proud by sitting next to the sexy PM of Denmark and spent most of the funeral flirting, laughing, and taking 'selfie' pictures of each other - with Michelle sitting right next to him.  I mean Clinton must have been thinking "even I didn't have the balls to do that right in front of my wife with the world looking on" and "wow, Helle is looking good, I wonder if she is working out".




First of all, I was absolutely shocked.  I thought for sure Obama was totally gay.

Secondly, I was appalled.  I thought the Danes had better taste.




Wow, wouldn't you have loved to been on Air Force One for the trip home after this display of, "Shut up B, I talking trash with a white chick" moment?


I suppose we should all be grateful Obama didn't use the moment to show his new Killer Drone to impress people, sign away Alaska to the Russians thinking no one would notice, or sign new Obamacare legislation ordering internment for anyone not signed up for Obamacare by the end of Ramadan.

No tune, maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment