A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, November 8, 2013

THE EVOLUTION OF STUPIDITY

There is the old joke, which is no longer all that funny, that Darwin was right, he just had it backwards.

I am pondering today a few things I read this morning that just made me want to go back to bed.  Let's get the easy stuff out of the way first.  It appears the Obama administration has struck a deal with Iran over nukes.  The way it works is Iran gets to do all it wants with it's nuclear program and the US and the rest of the western world will end sanctions and free up all their cash that has been held since the Carter years.

Boy, do Obama and Kerry drive a hard bargain or what?  I hope no one in Iran looses their heads over this deal, getting everything they want and giving up nothing.  I will bet when all is said and done, we are going to send them billions in US dollars too.

Meanwhile, Israel and the Saudi's are crapping in their pants.  Israel has come out and basically said Obama sold them down the river and the Saudi's are reported to be purchasing a few nukes from Pakistan to protect themselves.  Then to top it  off, Kerry apparently suggested to Israel that they recognize the Palestinian State and oh, yea, Jerusalem will be the capital.

So buckle down folks, God has a way of slapping the US when we do things like this to Israel, though at this point I can't imagine anything worse than Obama; I know, Yellowstone, Fukushima, New Madrid, and all those other things but at this point I'm not sure they would do anymore damage.

But, that was the good news I read this morning.

What I read next made me realize stupidity was evolving and getting, well, stupider.  Back in the 50's, when drugs regained popularity, pot and heroin were the choice; then the 60's came along with acid/LSD which flowed into the 70's where cocaine and disco went together like polyester suits and dancing.  In the 80's, coke and LSD derivatives like  Ecstasy were popular.  Then meth showed up in the 1990's and made heroin addicts look normal.  But now?

Krokodil which is dihydrodesoxymorphine, or disomorphine, and a  derivative of morphine is now the hot hip cool thing to do.  You can make it at home in your kitchen.  Great buzz.  Only side effect is that it will actually rot the skin right off your body starting after a few weeks or so of taking it.

Now, before you follow the link, some of the pictures are really gross, so if you got a weak tummy, don't look.  But young people are literally getting off on getting high and peeling their bodies apart.

One girl said the following, which to me says a lot:  Lisa Earnhart, a 23 year old zoology student at McGill university, was another early convert. She first read about the drug on a popular internet forum devoted to self-loathing. “I hate myself,” says Lisa, “and I’m always looking for new ways to ruin my life. I was posting on a thread about self-mutilation when one of the other posters suggested getting high on krokodil. The next day, I cooked some up, and wow, it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Within a month, most of my hair had fallen out, my skin was rotting, and I looked like an extra from the Walking Dead. It’s a lot easier to hate yourself when you look like a monster.”

http://countdowntozerotime.com/2013/11/08/the-fruits-of-zombie-culture-as-people-become-like-the-waking-dead-rotting-ravers-stink-up-the-city-as-krokodil-epidemic-hits-montreal/

Did that last line make you catch your breath or what?  This is our future?

Look, when growing up in the 60's or 70's, there was always a chance of dying from taking something, then again, there is always a chance of dying every day a few million ways.  Like the idiot on Horsetooth this afternoon that almost caused a 5 car accident.  But no one I know would have touched a drug or whatever when the guaranteed side effect is "your skin falls off and then you die".

Are we witnessing the slippery slope of evolution?  A Godless society raising each generation with fewer and fewer believers?  A child is raised, sent off to college, and she thinks the best decision she ever made was cooking up a batch of a drug that caused her hair to fall out, rot her skin, and makes her look like a zombie?  I'm sure it's a cheap costume on Halloween, but what do you do the other 364 days of the year.  I wonder how her parents feel, look what thou has wrought?  Then again, if I am dad, no since in paying for anymore Zoology tuition for a daughter who will be dead soon.

Of course, SHE probably has a job.  Hopefully not in food prep.

I'm dumbfounded.  I am dumbfounded at what people are doing to themselves, to their lives, to their country, and to the world.  But mostly I am dumbfounded that God still hasn't pulled the plug, which means it is only going to get worse.

There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever

There's no chance for us
It's all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever
Who dares to love forever
When love must die


Queen