A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

MAJOR BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

In my quest to sell at least 25 copies of my book this year, I can now proudly announce the softcover edition of my book "Folie A Deux: A Madness Shared by Two" is now available on Amazon.

It's not quite linked yet to the Kindle edition of the book, hopefully that will be corrected by the super computers sometime before 2020, and while I love all book sales I do make a lot more off the Kindle edition than I do off the softcover.  Plus the Kindle edition has color photos, not that anyone is going to buy the book to see pictures of my mom, dad, or dogs in color.  I mean, border collies are black and white anyways.

Cost to print over 10 bucks; publisher adds 20%; Amazon adds 40%.  Author makes less than 2 bucks and the government will take 15% for SS/MED and then whatever my tax rate is.

Golly, no wonder James Patterson and Bill O'Reilly have ghost writers pushing out a book a month.

I wonder if I could point out to the government that by taking care of my dad, I saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars in nursing home costs; by not taking food stamps or welfare while I took care of my dad for four years I saved the taxpayers nearly another hundred thousand dollars; and so I shouldn't have to pay taxes on the sales of the book.

Okay, stop laughing.

Anyhow, here is what the cover looks like.  Please think, "Wow, this would make a great Christmas present for everyone I ever knew!"  Buy a copy for your doctor, buy a copy for your representative in Washing, wait, they can't read, never mind.



EDITED 11/4/2013

WELL, AMAZON DIDN'T QUITE GET THE LINK RIGHT, NOW THE SOFTCOVER EDITION HAS COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED FROM THE WEB SITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment