A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

HISTORY REPEATS

WOW, was that a great story this morning or what?  I mean scientists find evidence for early man and it proves the Annunaki once were here and left Earth.  What did scientists find?  A 20,304 set of stone tablets, estimated to be over 10,000 years old, outlining The Pharaoh Obamus Rectumi Health Care Plan.

Okay, I'm back.

Did you laugh, I thought it was funny as hell, that opening joke, except I am in the early stages of some sort of throat chest cold thing and when I started laughing I started coughing and then got dizzy which just goes to show you that you can be too funny for your own good.

Have you forgiven me for saying I like Elizabeth Warren?

Just read a wonderful story about Kirsten Powers.  I always liked watching her or reading her columns because while she is liberal, she seemed to be one of those that didn't just lather rinse repeat the party lines for the day and actually would take off on liberal thinking when it was obviously stupid, which can get to be a high count on any given day.

But she wrote a wonderful piece for Christianity Today:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/november/fox-news-highly-reluctant-jesus-follower-kirsten-powers.html?paging=off

It is a beautiful story of an atheist/agnostic who was led to Christ and is now a Bible Thumping Member of the Saved for Eternity Club, which is cool, because hopefully I will meet her in heaven because there is a fat chance I'll ever meet her here on Earth.

Then again, I don't have a TV anymore, are balding guys with no job, lots of debt, and a book no one buys the new sex symbol?  I didn't think so.

But I hope everyone takes a moment to read the article.

What was interesting was an interview she gave on Fox News where she talked about she had a health insurance policy that was 2500 deductible and cost 160 bucks a month and now it's been cancelled and it will cost her twice that much for a 2500 dollar deductible policy and I'm thinking, "holy crap, where do you live that you got an insurance policy for that kind of money?"  I mean that is CHEAP compared to most, even at 320 bucks a month.  I mean I am healthy, no prescriptions, no history of any problems and when I dropped my 3k deductible out here in Colorado it was going to go up over 400 bucks a month and that was in 2012!

Which leads us to health care and the total cluster bomb it is and all I can say is, this is exactly what they had planned.  What they really want, is a single payer system, but they knew it would never fly so they are creating this absolute chaos and then they are going to blame the insurance companies for all the problems and after millions are without insurance, after thousands of stories of people dying cause their evil corporate insurance companies dropped them mid treatment, after millions lose their jobs or lose their benefits at work, once again evil corporations, THEN they will propose a single payer system as the rescue for everyone.  Probably right before the 2016 elections so everybody will be grateful to the dems for saving them from evil corporations and providing free health care for everyone.

Then after the election, they will define "free".

Oh well, if you know Kirsten Powers, tell her I'm so happy she found God and ask her to read my book and if she likes it, write a column about it.  Then maybe I could sell another 10 or 15 copies by the end of the year.

I'm dreaming, better statistical odds of us marrying than me selling a damn book.

No, I can't forget this evening
Or your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way the story goes
You always smile but in your eyes your sorrow shows
Yes, it shows

No, I can't forget tomorrorow
When I think of all my sorrows
When I had you there but then I let you go
And now it's only fair that I should let you know
What you should know

I can't live if living is without you
I can't live, I can't give any more
Can't live if living is without you
I can't give, I can't give any more


Harry Nilsson