A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, November 4, 2013

OUR CORPORATIONS OWN YOUR SHOPPING CART

Every once in a while I find something I'll just post for your information.  Here is a chart that shows how ten companies own just about anything you will buy at the grocery store.  They didn't do Nestles justice, if you buy bottled water, you can almost bet the farm it is owned by Nestles.

But I thought it was interesting.  When I shop, unless I need soaps, pasta, cereal or Pepsi Throwback, I only shop the perimeter of the store.

By the way, if you buy bottled water, may I suggest a Berkly Water System?  The initial system with black and fluoride filters will run you about 300 bucks, but it will filter over 6,000 gallons of tap water, so it pays for itself in a year easily.




http://www.policymic.com/articles/71255/10-corporations-control-almost-everything-you-buy-this-chart-shows-how