A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Friday, October 11, 2013

WOW, I THINK I'M IN LOVE...

Oh lordy, does my knee hurt.  I did lunges again at kettle bell class last night.  We were suppose to hold a weighted bar over our heads while lunging down the length of the gym.  Most people had a problem holding the bar over their head.  For me, that was no problem.  But my left knee was screaming, I kept going, and last night and today there is a really sharp pain right behind the knee cap which if I remember my anatomy classes in the "Oh shit, this is not good" injury.

Stupid, stupid, stupid: I know I'm not suppose to do lunges.  However, I am not that sore elsewhere which means this 55 year old body did 75 snatches with a 20kg kettle bell last night, 100 swings with same weight, get ups, and I don't remember what else because at a certain point of the workout my brain sort of goes somewhere while I go through the motions.

In all my searches and readings to keep my mind occupied and off the fact my life is crashing and burning, I came across some youtube videos of a woman I kind of remembered from a few years ago named Ann Barnhardt.

I do recall some woman who was shutting down her brokerage company because she thought something was fishy and didn't want to be a part of it.  But I never really followed it up.  Well, recently I heard an interview with some woman and was like "wow" and looked it up, then looked her up, and for the last 24 hours, minus sleep, I've been reading her web site and listening to some of her youtube videos and think I am pretty much in love.

You have to admire this chick.  I love where she burns the koran AFTER putting some bacon inside the pages.  She doesn't hold anything back and unlike all the other chicken littles selling the sky is falling DVD's and books, she has some background in markets and can explain what has been happening, what is happening, and how it is going to come crashing down better than anyone else I've heard.

Now, I don't agree with everything the woman says.  Her defense of the Douay Rheims version of the Bible shows she should do a little more research into what came before, how the Douay Rheims was seriously corrupted, how the Vulgate itself was shown to have many errors when the greeks escaped Constantinople with the greek texts etc.  But in this coming battle, the arguments between Catholics, Baptists, and others will need to see a back burner for a few decades and we need to quit arguing over what we disagree on and remember what we agree on; that Jesus died for our sins and we serve Him.  All those other doctrinal issues will have to take a backseat during the purge.

I found her presentation on SS/MED to be pretty good, but not sure she can fully appreciate the consequences of just killing SS/MED on many elderly people.  I like my idea for Medicare better.  Kill Obamacare.  Kill the Medicare/Medicaid payroll taxes.  Institute a 10% sales tax in each state to provide health care for everyone in the state.  Fed is out of it completely.  Each state collects a 10% sales tax on everything sold including services and it funds health care for the residents of the state.  As for SS, she probably is right, kill the program for everyone born after a certain date, but the taxes will be collected until about 2059 to pay for those born before 1960.

The point this woman continually makes in her presentations is it's time to recognize when the horse is dead.

But the big one you can't miss is the two hour The Economy Is About To Implode.  Her explanation of banking, brokers, why the 0 interest rates have created the mess, why it is a mess, and how there is no solution for what is about to happen.  Her background as a cattle futures broker gives her a unique perspective, the fact she is totally politically incorrect is refreshing.  This video is mind blowing with the description of what Corzine was doing, how banking works today, and you can't watch this video and not come out of it with a really bad feeling in your gut that the game of musical chairs is about to come to an end.  And tell me if you don't agree that all these bankers and politicians should be arrested, tried by Judge Roy Bean, and taken outside and shot or hung.  Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFVFJ0iRRA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHMJsns2MeqLv6m7S30AgVw

By the way, do you know where politically incorrect was first coined?  Lenin's Russia - anyone who didn't fall into line with Lenin was politically incorrect and usually led to a death sentence.  Something one should consider.  Politically correct is Marxist.

I also love the fact she ripped the 9/11 Truthers a pretty big one.  Nice to hear someone else out there willing to voice that internet blasphemy.

So, I recommend you spend a few hours catching up with this gal.  She is a treasure.  I wonder if she would find a middle aged guy with no money, no job, loosing hair, and unread author attractive?

edited 5:19pm   Jeesh, excuse me for forgetting the lyrics!  Maybe I should just post song lyrics and forget the writing...


I've grown fat I've grown a beard I've grown alone
Seems no one comes to stay in my loneliness
Sometimes love and sometimes none
I'm out of luck but I'm not done

Today is Groundhog Day

Take me to a party take me to a room
Where there ain't no corner
For me to run into
I think I'm gonna have to touch everyone in the place
A game of hearts playing face to face
How long a line to a space
Where I look at mine

You know I'm gonna have to touch everyone in their place
Feel every part tasting every taste
How much more running in place will it take to find

It's Groundhog Day


Melanie