A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE BRAINWASHING OF THE AMERICAN MALE

Finally, some media outlet in England put two and two together.

It is never a good thing when you have a mass shooting, nothing good comes of it.  Democrat politicians, immediately, started screaming for more gun control, which is as predictable as the direction of sunrise.  I wouldn't be surprised if some democrat didn't claim man made global warming was also a culprit.

But The Telegraph yesterday finally made a major story of the fact this shooter, as well as every other damn mass shooter in the last 10 years, spent endless hours playing shoot them up video games.  Finally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10314585/Aaron-Alexis-Washington-navy-yard-gunman-obsessed-with-violent-video-games.html

Look, not everyone who plays such games is going to be a mass murderer, but every mass murderer in the last ten years were heavy video game players.  Correlation, not causation.

About 20 years ago, I saw a news story about some new hot game coming out where you get to shoot up aliens or monsters or conservative christians or something and the company that made the game ALSO makes games for the military to desensitize new recruits to killing.  The game is based on the same software used for the military software.  Think about that.  A company that designs software to desensitize people to killing takes that same software and makes little changes then markets it to kids.

And what happens?

Schools get shot up, theaters, workplace, restaurants.  All by video game players.  Desensitized to killing by software.

Now, truth be told there were several articles out yesterday that showed these events are not all that common, but with 24 hour news, it seems like it is more common.  There are less people killed in these types of killings in the last 15 years than are shot and killed in Chicago in a year.  Then again, there are 500 people shot and killed in Chicago a year these days but in the 1970's, 1980's and early 90's there were over 1,000 people murdered each year in Chicago.  So it's less than half of what it use to be but the news coverage makes it seem like there are twice as many.

The sad thing is since the early 90's, trained military members on bases are allowed to keep their guns, they just can't have ammo.  So on this base there was a platoon of Marines that could grab their guns, but didn't have any ammo.  Funny that one of the safest places for a nut to go video game with guns is a military base.  But who would have ever thought such a thing could take place?

Oh yea, Fort Hood.  But that is the exception because that was terrorism.

But this is a two plus two equation because it's not just video games that all these killers have in common; there is a second variable - pharmaceuticals.  Yes, all these killers are also have been taking these billion dollar mind altering pills for a bunch of problems that discipline and the paddle use to take care of when in schools.  Psychotic drugs and video games.  Two plus two.  As my long term imaginary readers know, don't laugh, there might be a few, I've been harping on this for years.

It worried me taking Xanax while taking care of my mom.  I was working full time, paying 20% of the caretaker bill, then taking care of my mom nights and weekends.  My weight was up, my blood pressure was up.  The doctor gave me scripts for two BP pills and for .5m of Xanax.  I only filled the Xanax and my BP came down.  After she died, I quit taking the Xanax for a couple of years, but then went back on it when my dad's Alzheimer's started making life, interesting.  But I alway stayed at one .5 a day, with a couple of exceptions.  And the day he died, I flushed the script down the toilet and haven't had one since.

Plus, I never played video games because, well, I seriously sucked at them.  I mean really bad.  My nephew, one Christmas morning, was quite disappointed with NHL 98 because he found out, before the first period was over, that the game ended when one player reached 99 goals.  I had 2.  I tried playing Doom for about a week but never could seem to survive more than 30 seconds on the first level.  And I have crashed more planes playing Flight Simulator than Japanese Kamakazees did in all of WWII.

I worry that one day Nazi Obama or Feinstein types will decide anyone that ever took certain pills will not be allowed to own a gun.  Government loves those type of rules.  Blanket rules that trap millions of individuals.  So some drunk pot smoker will be able to own a gun but some guy who never has been in trouble or had a problem with 25 years of gun ownership will lose his right to own a gun.  Similar to Obamacare's Rule 76, which says after 76, there are a whole list of surgeries not covered even though that 80 year old might still work full time, run 3 miles a day, and can do 100 pushups, he won't get prostate surgery but the 65 year old obese diabetic with heart disease will get the prostate surgery.

Blanket rules are what has ruined this country.  That and blanket 24 hour news stations.

Some great interviews last night.  Corsi on C2C about JFK and his new book.  Deyo on Hagmann and Hagmann is also very good.  Barkley says check them out.  Twenty four hours until my interview on Hagmann, I'm as nervous as a sophomore in high school getting ready for his first homecoming dance!


Anybody here seen my old friend John?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he's gone

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he's gone

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, it's gonna be one day

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill
With Abraham, Martin, and John



Dion