A MIND FOREVER VOYAGING THROUGH STRANGE SEAS OF THOUGHT, ALONE


This is my second blog.

My first blog chronicled my experiences over three years caring for my dad as he lived through and finally died from Alzheimer's. That is the book that is for sale.

This second blog kind of chronicles of life, what it is like to start your life over in your late 50's. After caretaking, you are damaged, file bankruptcy, and the world doesn't care what you did. After 8 months of unemployment, you wake each day knowing the world doesn't want you. Finally you do find a job, 5 weeks before homelessness, but doing what you did 30 years ago and getting paid what you did 30 years ago. So this is starting over.



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Monday, August 5, 2013

CONNECTING DOTS WHILE I DUCK AND COVER

So, aging baby boomers, have you been practicing your duck and cover drills?  Seems Al Quacko, whom we were told not to long ago was on the run and out of business by our president is now about to unleash some major bad against the US and our president.  I don't know why they would be lashing out at Obama, that would be like Christians lashing out against Billy Graham.

Be that as it may, now it's not just our embassies overseas that are targeted, but our cities so TSA is stepping up their sexual assault of US citizens in response.  When are the sheep in this country going to have enough?  When will people say enough is enough and refuse to fly, refuse to shop, refuse to go along with some former felon sticking his dirty latex glove down the pants of your wife, daughter, or son?

Probably never.

Anyone catch the story of Barnaby Jack?  Barnaby was a healthy 31 year old guy, living in San Fran with a girl, and found dead one day.  No information is available, no autopsy will be available for months.  Who is Barnaby?  One of the worlds most talented ethical hackers who was about to travel to Vegas to give a presentation on who people can hack devices like pacemakers or cars to cause the pacemaker to induce a heart attack or the car to crash into a tree.  You know, like what happened to Michael Hastings recently.

I don't know what happened to Hastings for sure, but there are some strange things looking at the photos of the accident.  Now, understand, I am fully capable of realizing that in chaotic events, strange things will happen.  I'm not sure how the engine ended up where it did; I understand the engines are designed to drop down to the ground in a frontal collision, but they are not suppose to end up 150 feet away UNLESS the car flips over a few times leaving it behind.  But no flips?  And I guess when the engine falls out you will get gas spilling but it sure would be more believable if the tree the car hit had more serious damage to it like it was actually hit by a car traveling 100 mph.  Some damage to the front of the car to explain the engine dropping and the fire would have been nice too.  Doesn't the government have a secret school to train agents on staging accidents?  Or maybe the point was to show it wasn't really an accident?

And, as someone who gave up drinking in 1983, it would be more believable Hastings was drunk if he hadn't become somewhat of a non drinker too.  But we will never know because the body was cremated although the family specifically said no to being cremated.   Huh.   Cremated body against the family wishes.  Last I heard, MB engineers who like to review any accident involving a MB still have not seen the car to study.  Bet it's been cremated too.

So now we got this perfectly healthy 31 year old hacker with what must be the coolest name ever, Barnaby Jack,  who was planning to show a group of hackers at their annual convention how nefarious people could cause someone with a pacemaker to have a heart attack or drive their car into a tree and he is silenced.

Meanwhile, Barney Frank announces he is a gay pot smoking atheist as if we needed an announcement to know.  It's like Orson Wells or Marlon Brando announcing they like food - I know, it's a dated simile but I couldn't name three actors or actresses today under 30 years old, maybe even under 50.  With Frank, you have 30 years of voting to know whom he serves.

So, we come to the question.  Who are we more in danger from, Al Quacko or our government?  Frankly, no pun intended, I'm more afraid of the government than I am of Islamic Terrorists.  I'm more likely to be struck by lightning than by terrorists.  But our government?  I don't honestly know if my blogging hasn't put me on some sort of list somewhere; I know, delusions of grandeur, thinking anyone has noticed me.  And I do drive an old car, so if they want to make an accident, they will have to do it the old fashion way of cutting the break lines or something.

Admit it, my imaginary readers, you also fear your government more than you do Islamic terrorists, don't you?

I looked up taxation of book sales this weekend.  So my book has sold about 10 copies and counting - ever so slowly.  Other than medicare, we had no government help those four years I took care of my dad and his Alzheimer's.  The government took a 10% penalty when I withdrew my 401k early, my IRA early, and hosed my dad year in and year out by claiming there were little or no increases because the cost of living wasn't going up.  But the book sales will be taxed for 15% for SS/MED as well as regular income.  So, let's pretend I sold 10,000 copies of the book, somehow.  At 6 bucks a book, that would be 60,000 and the government will want about 40% of that money for the pleasure of living in a country where they ignore old people, ignore the people caring for old people, monitor my phone, my internet, my car driving through town, take away my rights of just about everything they can, send all the jobs overseas, and if you talk to much they kill you.

I guess that's a lot for just 40%.

If you woke up from a coma today after 20 years, would you recognize the USA?  After a couple of weeks, you'd probably wish you were back in the coma.  In 20 years, we've sent easily over 100,000,000 jobs overseas.  How many wars?  Terror?  The shredding of the constitution.  Gays and illegal aliens have rights, Christians do not.  Those cool computers you remember that helped you calculate information and type reports are now controlling everything; your entire life is now determined at the decision of algorithms and people just pass you the yea or nay decision.  You can't argue, you can't reason, the computer has decided.

So who killed Barnaby Jack before he could tell the world how to hack pacemakers and cars?  Islamic terrorists?  No.  Your very own government?

Sundown coming down too soon
No time to be alone
So I'll take a glass of memories and understand the blues
Oh they're the last thing you'll lose

Slowdown sundown, all I really need is time
For faded love songs and feelings in the wine
Let them take me down the line

Sunrise, a woman's eyes
Good loving one warm afternoon
Here's to all the strong ones who don't care if they win
The kind you'll never see again



Steve Winwood